Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket antenna stolen, what to do now? Shave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket antenna stolen, what to do now? Shave?

This short aftermarket black antenna that came with my 325is was stolen the other night. (for some stupid reason the top flappy mast part just screws right off). So I wanted you guys opinion, should I just shave the thing off and go antennaless? From the pics I've see it looks good...

I'd say shave it. Unless you listen to the radio and don't have another idea on how to listen to it. Non M/Touring E30s don't have a sexy antenna spot.

Only pic I could find fast:

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Yeah, I think I will have it shaved. My car needs some body work and paint soon anyways so...

Comment

Id personally replace it. I like to listen to the radio on occaision and the newer sleeker antennas like you had look pretty badass IMO.
        Back to my roots

Comment

shave it. they make "hidden antennas" that mount in the trunk and work fine.

Comment

Just buy another s2000 antenna off ebay for under 10 bucks and screw it back in. Shaving the whole thing because someone stole a cheap part seems a bit extreme. Like putting a scratch in your bottlecaps and saying time to get BBS'.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown
              Just buy another s2000 antenna off ebay for under 10 bucks and screw it back in. Shaving the whole thing because someone stole a cheap part seems a bit extreme. Like putting a scratch in your bottlecaps and saying time to get BBS'.
              On the other hand...if you were planning on having the car painted - might as well shave it while you're at it. I sure would! ;)
              - Sean Hayes

Comment

shave it. I hope to do this one day.
                1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Working...
                X