Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late model airdam, early model lip, early model vert

hey all,

i wanted to post a few pictures of my airdam install since ive gotten to where im sick of driving without a lip. ive decided to try to retrofit the early model lip that came off of the early airdam that has been removed and discarded. ive seen pictures in fb groups and on google that show the early lip on a late airdam, and i like how it gives the car the appearance of being lowered. but all the pictures i saw showed visible zip ties or other hideous forms of attachment to the vehicle.

my e30 is no show car, but to hell with exposed fasteners if i can do anything to prevent them.

ive removed the ten clips that an aftermarket or OE late lip would clip into, and plan on using the holes all those clips go into as supports for nuts and bolts.

here is the setup currently mocked up with zipties. it got too dark too quickly for me to do anymore work tonight, but im hoping to have everything done and completed by tomorrow afternoon without removing the airdam. if i do end up removing the airdam, i suppose i could paint it...

i made a point to take a picture of both corners so i know what kind of adjustments ill need to make. maybe ill have to end up pulling the airdam off to get everything to fit right.

any advice is always appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    1990 BMW 325i Cabrio
    1994 Toyota Pickup
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse (Lady's Headache)
    Instagram: @papatonymk_e30

Good luck, I feel like installing the Airdam is the hardest part of it all and that's already done. So it's all down hill from here. Idk about that lip personally, I feel like it's too many vents and holes in the front with double oil cooler vents, but that's just my $0.02 and sorry if it's not wanted. I have seen the early lips that have the side brake ducts molded into the lip itself. I wonder how'd that fit with the late model valance

Comment

jon, i appreciate your input. thanks for the vote of confidence, but i didnt think installing the airdam was all too difficult. i think the lip is going to give me the most trouble with install just because im sort of a perfectionist. its gonna all work out though because im gonna have to pull the airdam.

as far as aesthetics go, i personally enjoy all the vents. the early lip also gives the front end a bit of an appearance of lowering so i cant be too mad at it.

as far as painting it goes, im not sure if i want to go body color, or run another route. im really liking the idea of using line-x on the airdam, and leaving the lip a polished plastic or gloss black.
      1990 BMW 325i Cabrio
      1994 Toyota Pickup
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse (Lady's Headache)
      Instagram: @papatonymk_e30

Comment

Working...
      X