How should I fix this dent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should I fix this dent?

This dent has been here ever since I got the car and has been starting to rust. How should I go about fixing it? It goes along the bottom of the license plate about halfway. Should I have a body shop do it? Or could I try hammering it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you don't know how to hammer DON'T do it because you might risk it leaving bumpy, uneven surface. Try hot cold trick.

As I remember it right that part of the panel is little thick, so that trick may not work for you. Just try it. Worth spending couple dollars then hundred bucks.
    Last edited by aegul44; 10-30-2015, 06:01 AM.

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
    Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Its damaged in two spots that I see from that photo. The cleanest way would be remove the bumper, grind down, weld tabs or studs and pull. If there was access to the rear of the panel you could always attempt to hammer and dolly but its not likely to come completely out.

Comment

Thanks! I am probably going to just leave it alone until next spring. What should I put on it for the rust? Just to keep it from spreading any more.

Comment

^^

Start sanding until there is no sign of rust. Go to bare metal if you need to. Put some primer on it. It should be good for years.

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
          Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Take it to the shop unless you want to learn all about body work - and that section of the car is not for a first timer.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Thanks!!! I'll throw some primer on it and have a shop do it eventually! Just didn't want it to get any worse over winter.

Comment

Haha I have the same dent on same spot, except mine is only one and there's no rust. I decided to just leave it until I get a paint job, which is most likely next year.
                sigpic
                '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

lol I would literally take a 2x4 block of would and pound it out with a hammer.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Sand down to bare metal hammer it out with a dolly, smooth it out with body filler, prime and paint.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                    X