Floor pan rust/tar/sound deading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor pan rust/tar/sound deading

Taking a look at the floor pans on this car, from what looks like of some sort of drain plug/seal started to rot I ripped it out to take a look. its a very thin piece of sheet metal or tin, with what looks like tar that was covering it. What is this thick black substance.

My plan is I may savage whats left of the tin plug and use the POR 15 and there fiber glass over it, or see if I can pic up some thin tin and lay it down and fiber glass over that.. I was thinking that thick black tar would be good to throw down after a few layers of the POR 15 and there 'power mesh', But what is this thick black tar and where can I pick it up or a product like it? While I am at it I was thinking of using a sound deading insulation on the floors before reinstalling the carpets. Any suggestions on a good product? Appreciate it!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Amanda/Downloads/IMG_2689.JPG [IMG][/IMG]file:///C:/Users/Amanda/Downloads/IMG_2688.JPG[/IMG][/IMG]file:///C:/Users/Amanda/Downloads/[IMG]IMG_2688.JPGfile:///C:/Users/Amanda/Downloads/IMG_2687.JPG[/IMG]
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zerokid5555; 06-11-2016, 07:57 AM.

file:///C:/Users/Amanda/Downloads/IMG_26file:///C:/Users/Amanda/Downloads/IMG_2688.JPG89.JPGfile:///C:/Users/Amanda/Downloads/IMG_2687.JPG

Comment

Pictures are real small, but recommend finding someone parting out a car and grab the floor pans from that, then rustproof and go from there.
      Continuous For Sale Thread
      323i s50

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation, Where can I pick up some of that thick black Tarr bmw uses to cover the pans any one knows what product that is?

Comment

Working...
        X