No announcement yet.

DIY Wrap vs MACCO paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do macco, but do all the prep work yourself. Find a friend that knows body work, and have him come buy 2-3 times to give you pointers - it's not that hard.

PS - The only thing you should be wrapping is your whiner.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Phase
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

DIY Wrap vs MACCO paint?

Originally posted by plain325 View Post
        I went with wrapping if for a few reasons, I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on paint for a car that spends most of its miles going to and from and on the track, I wanted to try a different color. I replaced a bunch of damaged body panels, so I needed to do something to get the car one color.

I also didn't want a crap layer of paint to deal with if I ever wanted to get a good paint job. I went with a gloss white, I am pretty happy with the the way it turned out. It had a learning curve . Sorry about the size of the pic

I am not sure why this would be considered a trend or faze, you don't have to use a neon green matte wrap.

Exactly. I think that looks great. And dollar for dollar probably better than inexpensive paint. If I felt I could get my money out on the other side of selling the car I'd just paint it but these cars are just not worth enough unless they are all original and cherry. And then they need to be iSs with low miles. Which my car is not. It's a basic 325i with a manual almost all original but not quite, my car is a driver that I enjoy that I just want to look better.

I think your pic makes my choice. I can wrap it for $500 it I'll look much better and I will not care if at autoX it chips or something becuas I can just rewrap that panel

Comment

Originally posted by kchase731 View Post
          ....but these cars are just not worth enough unless they are all original and cherry. And then they need to be iSs with low miles....
          What the???????
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
          X