Removing rear aluminum bumpers..HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing rear aluminum bumpers..HELP!

Hows it going, I recently got a parts car with all nessesary pieces for a bumper swap or my 1987 325. I got the front all set, but how do I get my rear bumper off? Iv read a few things in the past, but cant seem to find any of them now. Also, how do the shrouds come off? I tried drilling out the rivets, but it dodnt work. Lastly, do I have to use the rear shocks from the plastic bumpers to have them fit mine, or can I reuse ym shocks?

Thanks alot, any comments are much appretiated from a n00bert.

You must use the plastic shocks. There are two main bolts on either side of the bumper shock and one that attaches to the rear of the shock underneath the car.

I THINK the/shroud trim bolts are located inside the trunk under the trunk lining, but I'm not sure, it's been too long since I've seen a car with diving boards.
    :wgaf:

Comment

Thanks. I just took the plastic's shocks out after wrestling with the last bold for 2 hours. I ended up grinding the nut off in the end out of anger lol.

Comment

there are 2 nuts and 1 bolt per shock on the alum bumpers, the bolt is towards the back of the shock, i didnt figure this out for a little while after i started to try and swap.

the side surrounds come off first, there are 2(i think) fasteners you undo from the outside, one in wheel well one underneath, the rest are done from in the trunk
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
        X