• Show
Clear All

• devonjordan
    replied
    Pretty SCHWEET

Leave a comment:

• SchnellerVert
    replied
    First attempt, looks good that's what practice is for right. Your car right? rock it the way you want it, as you have to drive it not us mugs.

Leave a comment:

• Roller paint job part II... ///M graphics *pics*

So I decided to put the ///M stripes on my trunk and hood. Here's a little writeup on how I did it. All the pics are of the piant DRY. I just have to figure out how to protect it...

Started out with my white trunk, as you all know, is rollered.

I started taping off the edge with Blue painters tape (which actually worked really well) I decided to use the width of the stripe to be the width of the tape. (2 or 3 inches i think)

I went to home depot and got REAL lucky and found the exact colors i was looking for. At the end of the project, i realized I had made the right choice! Since it's rustoleum as well as everythign I've been using, i think that it will adhere really well to my scuffed, wetsanded surface...
    The colors are Navy blue, sky blue and red.

Taped off just for the middle stripe (navy blue) and lightly primed the surface.

Here is the navy blue. it looks much darker with another coat or 2 on it.

The blue masking tape worked really well with no paint-creeping and didn't pull up any white paint when i removed the tape!

This was a little tricky as I painted the 2 outside stripes at the same time. I could have done them individually, but i wanted to save some time. I waited for the middle stripe to dry completely, then put blue painters tape on top of it (it didn't pull any paint when i took the tape off later)
    Here are a few views of what I did.

Started painting the sky blue and red...

Pulled the tape off this morning after a night of drying. It's really glossy and there is no run inthe paint from removing the tape. I'm reallyimpressed and now I need to scuff the whole surface (wetsand) and polish it and i'm good.

The thing is, i have to put my spoiler on it too, so i'm going to size up my spoiler and continue the stripes over it. I don't know how that's going to turn out, but if you take your time and prep, it's not too bad. Here are some more shots...

I"m going to take that stripe and run it down my quarter panel as well, but not for a while as I haven't even started painting the actual car yet.

Thanx guys. I'm open to all flaming, but I gotta tell you, i'm really happy with the results.
Working...
X