Installing IS lip on I trunk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing IS lip on I trunk...

Alright, so Im finally getting around to installing this lip I bought for the E30. I had to put the whole E30 on hold til I got my reef tanks (Yeah, Nerdy I know, but my other more expensive hobby) set up... Now Im aware that I can go to the dealership, and get a template, which I plan on doing.

Now my question now is, did I even get the right fucking lip? It was clearly listed as an E30 IS lip on egay, but Im not sure. Do your guys' lips go touch the furthers corners of your trunk lids? Mine doesnt quite fit that way. ITs about 1/4 of an inch from the border. I searched, but couldnt get any close shots of your guys lids. But this also might be an illusion since its not mounted flushly on my trunk when I look at it.

Any help is good help, before I drill some holes in my trunk and fuck this all up.

Thanks, Joe
    Originally posted by blunt
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

And I posted this in the wrong fucking forum. move please.
    i would jerk larry king off while tonging jflips ass if h0lmes would blow his head off

Comment

IIRC my "is" lip i put on mine was 1/8" to a 1/4" away from the edge of my lid. I'd go out and look for you but i just took it off a couple of days ago and put on a e28 M-Tech 1 spoiler.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

On my brothers car we mounted the spoiler with clear silicone glue in case he wants to take it off in the future. You cant tell at all.

Comment

How long ago did you use the clear, and hows it holding up? I was thinking of drilling rough spots for the holes, and having the spoiler able to adjust, then just tighten it using lock washers and some thread lock. Then sealing it with some clear silicone to make sure nothing gets into the trunk.

Comment

i went to the local dealer last week inquiring about a template and they had no such thing.....

Comment

You should ship me your lid with no spoiler and I'll ship you my brilliantrot lid WITH a spoiler ;)

Will
              RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
              Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
              DaveCN = Old Man
              My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

My lid is a little faded right now, so it probably wouldnt match lol. MY sister got hit by a car, and is coming into around $75k, and since I let her live with me for about 8 months with no rent, shes kicking down about $10k of it. Paint job is #1 on the list lol. Then suspension, wheels, exhaust, tint. I suppose I may as well wait the extra couple of months and have it professionally installed.

Comment

PeavyBassist is right, if you don't want to screw anything up, you should trade him for a trunk lid thats been drilled by the factory, since you plan on painting it anyway.

Comment

Assuming it was as traight up trade, there are still shipping costs. And evn if that wasnt too bad of a price, Hed have to send first, since Im not rolling without a trunk.

Comment

I have an extra ;) I would wanna see pics of your's first though. I dont want one thats toooo faded.

Will
                      RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                      Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                      DaveCN = Old Man
                      My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

isnt it a one stage paint
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Its not too faded, I just washed and clay barred today. It looks good. Theres ony little ding on the lid, and one small scratch. But overall its fine. This isnt a close up of the trunk, but heres a general pic of the car.

I wonder how much shipping is anyhow?

Comment

Oh, and you can see where it used to say 325. Ive never got around to wet sanding that. And there are a couple scratches by where the 325 badge was. So all in all if your elooking for a great lid, this isnt it. But nothing on it really stands out negatively or positively.

Comment

Working...
                            X