Has anyone dealt with these ppl before? M-technic II Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone dealt with these ppl before? M-technic II Kit

Body kits are our specialty! More than 45 brands of body kits all in one store. We sell carbon fiber hoods, lambo doors, and ground effects.

use the search button buddy, this has been discuss more than a few times.

the simple answer is a NO do not get it.
    there is no mounting points for the fogs. oil cooler or anything up front that you need to mount. So you end up fabing stuff up.

The sides dont fit right according to couple that tried it, and you'll have to cut it to shorten it.

After the body work, you might as well have bought a genuine kit.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post

there is no mounting points for the fogs. oil cooler or anything up front that you need to mount. So you end up fabing stuff up.

The sides dont fit right according to couple that tried it, and you'll have to cut it to shorten it.

Got any evidence of someone actually doing it? I have never been able to find one actual install....not one. Here, BF.c, E30T, nothing, not even googled.

Lots and lots of discussion, but not one shred of actual installation evidence that I have seen.

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I am interested in finding out as well. I have a plastic bumper conversion in the back and still a diving board in the front.
        I want to install something but not quite sure what to do yet. This seems pretty well priced if it is not a nightmare to install.
        Anybody can provide actual feedbacks on dealing with those guys?
        344is! Obd1 conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naika View Post
          I am interested in finding out as well. I have a plastic bumper conversion in the back and still a diving board in the front.
          I want to install something but not quite sure what to do yet. This seems pretty well priced if it is not a nightmare to install.
          Anybody can provide actual feedbacks on dealing with those guys?
          You should do it Franck.
          I have only ever seen one person with this kit and he had the body shop install it for him when the car was painted.
          If you get it I would help you install it if need be.
          I talked to them before on the phone and they quoted me about 1000 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post

Why would you need to fab anything up for the foglights? Even the real mtech front apron fits over the the stock metal valance like a cap?

The oil cooler isn't even mounted to the stock valence so why would you need to mount it to this one?

I'm confused, are you talking about putting this kit on early model DB cars?
            It says on right in the product description that its for 88-91 only.

AWS Gorillas

-For those who help defend others against wheel-snobs and their associated douchebaggery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hon2BMW View Post
              The oil cooler isn't even mounted to the stock valence so why would you need to mount it to this one?
              I was wondering the same thing. Airflow might be an issue, but the cooler mounts beneath the metal valence.

Nope, check their site again...they have early and late, 2 and 4 door fitments. I was surprised...but concerned over quality of fitment and no examples that I can find make me leery.

An early TII would be pretty sweet, though.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Why would you need to fab anything up for the foglights? Even the real mtech front apron fits over the the stock metal valance like a cap?

yea, my bad guys, havent seen this page in a while.

I was just babbling about why it doesnt have any mounting points and it was a PITA. I forgot the cooler mounts underneath.

I tried looking for the msg but I cant find it anymore, some guy with the sn name "drift" something ahd it installed. I talked to him over couple email or pms and he said he has to fab all the skirts casue they didtn fit right. and stuck out more and he had to cut them to size.

He also said to me that he had to drill some kind of mounting thing to hold his fog light and you can see it up close. that there is screw on the outside holding it.

Sorry not anymore help. If I can find pics I would post them. Not just bsing you all or randomly bashing someone else's product. I looking long and hard into these when If first go the car too, its definitely a nono, unless either you own a body shop, or you got hook ups casue the fab to mount the sides skirts can easily make it not worth it. .

Comment

I was going to get this kit. They said they would even install it for me but after 6+ months of waiting for them to get a 87 and older kit in stock i got the BMP kit.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                  X