how to get trim off doers and bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get trim off doers and bumpers?

i did i search and couldn't find anything about this. how does the trim come off a 9191 318i's doers and bumpers? i would just go at it but i don't want to go braking stuff. i need to replace some of it and repaint all of it. how some one can help me out here.
    cheers!
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

off the doors its just unscrewing a little 8 or 9 mm plastic nut youll see when you open the door and look around the door jam behind the trim, and then carefully pull it off the door. theyre pop clips so just pop it off. you may need to get new clips.

the bumper on a plastic bumper car is same basic thing, just pop it out. go slow so you dont break the clips on the trim.

Comment

thanks man! helped a lot!
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

so the plastic bumper on the front bumper (the black plastic unpainted part) is just held on by little clip things?

Comment

theyre clips that are molded to the trim. if youve ever worked on an e36 its like those. just lightly tug em out section by section. a flat head will help, but use a towel around it.

Comment

See my post in this thread, it explains how to remove the plastic bumper trim without breaking the clips

Comment

Working...
            X