Fitting M tech 2 kit on preface lift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitting M tech 2 kit on preface lift car

I an thinking about dumping my project and starting over in a nice shell. I have found one, but it is a pre facelift shell. Which I kind of like more with the tail lights, and the rear fenders. The thing is I have OEM Mtech Front and sides. Those should bolt up no problem correct if I swap the front valence right? For the rear I have a euro style rep rear lip, and a iem plastic bumper. I have to trim the ends to fit on the prefacelift one, correct. The plastic bumpers are too long, and will fit in to the wheel well. I am just making sure, I am pretty sure I know, but dont want to get my self into something I cant handle.

Just making sure, the only major modification will be on the rear bumper and lip, one the wheel well, correct?

Comment

I fitted genuine M-tech2 kit to my pre-facelift cabrio last winter. The rear bumper is too long, so one option is to shorten it.

I chose to change the rear panel and rear light surroundings to get big tail lights to fit. This way i didn't have to modify the bumper.
      - E34 M5 (x 2) -
      - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
      - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
      - E46 318i Touring -
      - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

Originally posted by Jonsku View Post
        I fitted genuine M-tech2 kit to my pre-facelift cabrio last winter. The rear bumper is too long, so one option is to shorten it.

I chose to change the rear panel and rear light surroundings to get big tail lights to fit. This way i didn't have to modify the bumper.
        I was thinking of that. Do you have any pics? The rear panel is which piece?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
          I was thinking of that. Do you have any pics? The rear panel is which piece?
          Here're quite a feq pics of my project. http://users.tkk.fi/~jhaukile/Projekti.html

Check the "22-9-2007" - line.

The part you need to change is #2 here:

You also need to modify parts #20 to make facelift lamps to fit, otherwise it'll look stupid :)
          - E34 M5 (x 2) -
          - E30 V8 Cabrio "Kylpyamme" -
          - Alpina D10 Touring #33/94 -

+
          - E46 318i Touring -
          - Toyota Hiace 4wd -

Comment

how do you get the Mtech front bumper to fit the pre face lift one?

also mine came without mounting brackets so what should i do...?

Help well appreciated.
            - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
            @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Mate If You're Saying The Rear Bumper Is Long , That Means Your Car Is 1982 - 1987 Pre-Face lift .
              You Can Go to A Fiber Glass Workshop and Cut It A Bit and Then Join It Back to Fit your Car Boot .
              Otherwise It Won't Install .

Comment

Working...
              X