Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I d like to go flat black DIY.Please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh christ, why?!?!?!

IF you MUST, don't use aerosol cans and DON'T use a roller.

Buy a real spray gun, and an air compressor, spray it black and don't clear it. That won't be glossy and it shouldn't be streaky like aerosol cans will do.

But you should really have a real paint job. With clear coat.
    Flat out until you see God. Then lift.

Comment

If you actually know how to use an aerosol can, and you have some patience you won't have streaks, but you will have drift/overspray and thus need to mask the fuck out of everything.
      And wear a mask those fumes are no good for your brain. ever seen the movie gummo?

Comment

Take a look at this photo...
        N.
        Attached Files
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
        It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
        you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Originally posted by BLTZKRG325i View Post
          Oh christ, why?!?!?!

IF you MUST, don't use aerosol cans and DON'T use a roller.

Buy a real spray gun, and an air compressor, spray it black and don't clear it. That won't be glossy and it shouldn't be streaky like aerosol cans will do.

But you should really have a real paint job. With clear coat.
          what he said, except clear it with a low gloss or matte clearcoat
          harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by a3ternus View Post
            Take a look at this photo...
            N.
            A good body shop and fix that for peanuts and blend it in to your original paint. PLEASE PLEASE do not do it flat black, satin black, or anything cheap that deals with spray cans.

Comment

I did a black primer with some clear last year for water fest. lol ran out of time and money but i think it looked pretty good. Or go with a satin flat black lets dust stick to it to easy.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Roof and front area is all ruined!
                N.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
                It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
                you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

If you really must do your car flat black, invest in some John Deere Blitz Black paint, its very forgiving one stage paint, most of the rat rodders use it.

Useful link:

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/john-deere-blitz-black-31993.html

Comment

Have you considered just having a shop spray the hood and roof again? The rear pillars are PERFECT for a blend spot. I had an Ex-GF in a '95 525i get a low impact T-bone in a parking lot from a bimbo backing out while she was right behind her. They ended up spraying on whole side of the car, both front fenders and the hood at my behest. They blended across the rear drivers side (impact on passenger) pillar and honest to God man, I couldn't tell it was there. Specially after a good buff out. Went from a 6-7 of 10 exterior to a 9.5 of 10. All in all I only dropped an extra $350.00 for the whole front, hood and roof to be sprayed along with the passenger side. I later went back and had the trunk done up as well for another $150.00. Honestly, with the pictures you've posted, I'd piece paint it or have a shop spray a section at a time. I.e. Hood then roof then trunk then front fenders. With the exception of the roof, you can remove all of those and do your own prep which saves a bit of cashola. Well worth it as your car looks great otherwise, dude.

As for Flat black, I've always enjoyed the look. My project e30 is a 2.7i stroker conversion that'll get the Flat Green with a satin/matte clearcoat once I finish the body work. And it's a full re-spray

Worth it, but time consuming as I'm doing the bodywork and painting myself. Again, one piece at a time. Fenders, hood, etc.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Working...
                    X