Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
    Or a spay on condom
    lmao when i showed this stuff to my friend shaun thats the first thing he said lol

Comment

Anyone done this on the rear decklid spoiler? I've had some of this stuff for years and used it on the interior trim on my WRX with good results.

Comment

^good idea.

I'm going to be painting my motorcycle's rims black with this stuff just for fun.

7speedshop.com

Comment

this sounds like a great idea...

i need some pic first!!!!

im thinking of my wipers first...they look like hell

kamotors - let me know how the skirts turned out...

89 Alpine White e30 325i

Comment

Aright, here's pics of my shadowlined trim.

Driver's side trim joint:

Looking down on driver's side mirror:

Driver's side rear window corner:

Passenger side rear window corner:

Looking down on passenger side mirror:

Section of side molding trim:

Comment

great job, looks like the perfect texture and color for shadow line.

7speedshop.com

Comment

So my plans are as follows for my wheels.

-clean with soap and water
                -dry
                -insert cards all the way around
                -paint
                -after it dries, use razor blade to cut at bead before removing cards.

Sound good? Should I wipe down with anything else before painting?
                turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

It really is. The color is a little washed out because of all the light coming in from the garage door being open, but it is really deep black. And very tough. I sprayed it on a piece of extra chrome trim I had laying around, and whacked it several times with a screwdriver blade, and it didn't even marr up until about the 4th time I hit it.

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
                  So my plans are as follows for my wheels.

-clean with soap and water
                  -dry
                  -insert cards all the way around
                  -paint
                  -after it dries, use razor blade to cut at bead before removing cards.

Sound good? Should I wipe down with anything else before painting?
                  Don't even bother masking the tire. This stuff just peels/rubs off. It will be especially easy to remove the overspray from the rubber tire. You'll just be wasting your time.

norcal, the side trim does come off, but you will have to replace several of the clips before you can put it back on, and it's VERY easy to bend this shit. Once you bend it, it's garbage. Just do it on the car.

Comment

can you just pop off the side trim? or will the clips break?
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    pff, all of you are slow as hell anyway. Eta > all

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      It really is. The color is a little washed out because of all the light coming in from the garage door being open, but it is really deep black. And very tough. I sprayed it on a piece of extra chrome trim I had laying around, and whacked it several times with a screwdriver blade, and it didn't even marr up until about the 4th time I hit it.

Don't even bother masking the tire. This stuff just peels/rubs off. It will be especially easy to remove the overspray from the rubber tire. You'll just be wasting your time.

norcal, the side trim does come off, but you will have to replace several of the clips before you can put it back on, and it's VERY easy to bend this shit. Once you bend it, it's garbage. Just do it on the car.

did you only paint the aluminum part? or did you spray the whole thing? for the side mouldings.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post

thanks, i have a feeling i woulda messed those up pretty bad lol

Comment

Originally posted by thereisnoyun View Post
                          did you only paint the aluminum part? or did you spray the whole thing? for the side mouldings.
                          The whole thing. I had painted them with SEM a couple years back, but it was chipping off of the chrome. So I just sprayed the entire piece.

Comment

i cant wait to do this, if its clear this weekend ill do it and get some pics

Comment

i just bought 3 can myself. i painted the side kidneys, center grill, wiper arms, upper grills (below the windshield) and the metal rings around the headlights. this is some good shit. i was about to spend a ton of cash on replace all my trim.

$20 bucks :)

ill get pics when i get to my camera

janderson - the shadow trim looks amazing

89 Alpine White e30 325i

Comment

plasti dip is only $1.47 at my home depot but they only sell red:(
                                guess I'm going to lowe's tomorrow.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X