Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS Front Lip Install DIY?

Is there a diy for this anywhere?

The 88 to 91 "is" lip install is pretty straightforward. Make sure to get new clips. It just clips onto place and then you tap the pegs into the new clips to lock it in.

If you're asking about the 86-87 "is" front valence I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
      The 88 to 91 "is" lip install is pretty straightforward. Make sure to get new clips. It just clips onto place and then you tap the pegs into the new clips to lock it in.

If you're asking about the 86-87 "is" front valence I have no idea.
      Yeah the 88-91 version. Ok great...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post

Yeah the 88-91 version. Ok great...thanks!
        I should've posted the link from when I did this: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...67#post6759567

Comment

I should've posted the link from when I did this: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...67#post6759567
          Awesome...thanks! Does the lip just basically snap onto the little hooks from the brackets? What is the punch used for to remove the old brackets? I do notice the brackets have some sort of posts on there. Do these lock or something? Your ride looks super clean with the lip by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by spyder918 View Post

Awesome...thanks! Does the lip just basically snap onto the little hooks from the brackets? What is the punch used for to remove the old brackets? I do notice the brackets have some sort of posts on there. Do these lock or something? Your ride looks super clean with the lip by the way.
            Yeah, the lip snaps into the brackets once the brackets have been secured. The posts are supposed to be pushed/driven into the brackets to hold/lock them in place, which is why I used a hammer and punch. They are plastic, so they don't take a ton of force, but it's much easier to use a hammer and punch than try to push it through with a screw driver. Stop driving the posts into place once they are flush with the bottom of the bracket. To remove existing brackets, simply drive the posts all the way through the bracket.

Comment

Yeah, the lip snaps into the brackets once the brackets have been secured. The posts are supposed to be pushed/driven into the brackets to hold/lock them in place, which is why I used a hammer and punch. They are plastic, so they don't take a ton of force, but it's much easier to use a hammer and punch than try to push it through with a screw driver. Stop driving the posts into place once they are flush with the bottom of the bracket. To remove existing brackets, simply drive the posts all the way through the bracket.
              Again..thanks for the help. I'm gonna take a look later today. It may make more sense when I look at what's going on down there. Also where did you buy your white brackets from?
              Last edited by spyder918; 01-23-2020, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X