Grommets stuck after good removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grommets stuck after good removal

So I ordered a new plastic badge on amazon for the “trunk and hood” for 10$ on amazon to see if it would fit the trunk. The trunk one currently on my e30 is a lot worse than the hood so I figured it doesn’t fit then I can just put in on the front since it fits there for sure. After taking out the old metal one on the trunk, I cannot seem to get the old grommets out. Any ideas how to?

Cut or score around the overspray at the grommet, then either put a correct size screw through (compare to your new grommets) and pull the screw or use a very small set of pliers to pull it out. Alternately you can cut it and push it through to the other side, but that's a bit risky.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Cut or score around the overspray at the grommet, then either put a correct size screw through (compare to your new grommets) and pull the screw or use a very small set of pliers to pull it out. Alternately you can cut it and push it through to the other side, but that's a bit risky.
      Thanks I’ll try that !

Comment

Okay so I was able to get the left grommets out but the right’s flanges came off and it is now inside the hole. Is there a way to get in side there or am I just shit out of luck

Comment

SOL, but it will probably wedge itself in somewhere after a bit of rattling.

Comment

SOL, but it will probably wedge itself in somewhere after a bit of rattling.
            Okay atleast it’s out. They really could’ve done that design a bit better.

Comment

,, hi,
              before u go further ,, the trunk ones dont usually dont fit the ones on the hood,,
              very slight different sizing, and @ 10$ I really think its gonna be mickey mouse made in china !
              sorry,,,,

Comment

Working...
              X