Rear bumper- repair or replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear bumper- repair or replace

I am wondering if I can actually repair this slight "crease" from the PO's accident or if itd be better to replace it. Its small but really bothering the F out of me.
    Ive heard I can take a heat lamp too it and try to roll it back to normal.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like Slybeanx.
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

A heat gun is your only hope. They work great if you take your time and don't melt anything. Harbour Freight has them for very reasonable. you need to go at it from the backside.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbarry View Post
      A heat gun is your only hope. They work great if you take your time and don't melt anything. Harbour Freight has them for very reasonable. you need to go at it from the backside.
      Okay, thanks have a heat gun after trying to vinyl wrap my older car. Ill see if I can get it to work.

Comment

So heres a quick update of the fix. I sanded the "crease down as flat as I thought I wanted, and then used adhesion promoter, and then painted the whole bumper. Not particularly happy as it started to rain/ temp drop before I could add clear coat to the bumper, and I am sure that is probably going to cause clear coat failure down the road.

But it's not a perfect car, and I plan to have a full respray in a few years once I'm done with law school. I painted the fender as well, and was slightly happier with the results, except that bugs seemed to LOVE flying into it, that and my recent haircut also impacted the coats.
        Things to keep in mind when I tackle my hood and trunk I suppose. I really do enjoy painting, just might be worth the effort to rent a space where I can stay inside vs using a 3 sided paint booth.
        live and learn.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Slybeanx; 05-12-2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

That looks really good ! Good job
          PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Working...
          X