Advice on fixing front valance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on fixing front valance

I’m not sure exactly what happened but I was looking for some advice on realignment of the front valance with the grills and if this is something I could do on my own without taking to a body shop.

other than, manipulating the metal yourself, you can:
    A: Ignore it
    B: buy a new valance and paint it

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
      other than, manipulating the metal yourself, you can: A: Ignore it B: buy a new valance and paint it
      I would like to try and give it a try myself just don’t have any experience with body work. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you take the bumper off and the grille, the valance is quite flimsy there - put a length of wood the thickness of the pressing behind the valance to use as a drift & a mallet should make short work of it. Just take your time & don't hit it too hard - you may even be able to put a piece of wood behind there and pull on it to straighten it out with just your hands. Alternatively you can get a set of proper dollys but it's a pretty small repair, so a ghetto fix is probably as good as anything.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
          If you take the bumper off and the grille, the valance is quite flimsy there - put a length of wood the thickness of the pressing behind the valance to use as a drift & a mallet should make short work of it. Just take your time & don't hit it too hard - you may even be able to put a piece of wood behind there and pull on it to straighten it out with just your hands. Alternatively you can get a set of proper dollys but it's a pretty small repair, so a ghetto fix is probably as good as anything.
          Thanks! exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Managed to line it up a little better.

Comment

Working...
            X