Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to painting how’s my setup

Hello,
    im new to painting, how does my setup look? I am trying to paint a hood, fender and rear bumper to match the OE alpine white. the cars been repainted at least once so I’m not too picky I’d just like there to be no orange peel. I’m currently watching Eastwood’s paint tutorials on YouTube. Everything’s sanded and currently filling and primering.

im using sherwin Williams paint
    Attached Files
    85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

I own the devilbiss starting line guns and they are very good for the price. If you set them up properly you can get very professional results . I see you have a basecoat/clearcoat Gun, if you’re going to be doing any primer work you’re going to need to get a separate gun with a larger needle.

Comment

Originally posted by ErickEnriquez View Post
      I own the devilbiss starting line guns and they are very good for the price. If you set them up properly you can get very professional results . I see you have a basecoat/clearcoat Gun, if you’re going to be doing any primer work you’re going to need to get a separate gun with a larger needle.
      I am still rattle canning with primer atm, mostly as I have a few cans left of the stuff. What would you recommend if I were to get a gun for primer? something with like a 2.0mm? I also just got some water based paint for practice so im not just diving straight in.
      85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

I’m using the devilbiss primer gun that came with my set. It came with a basecoat gun, primer gun and a touch up gun. The needle is a 1.8. It works well for shooting solvent paint but you might need a different needle size for water based I’m not certain.

Also on a different note I would recommend using a disposable cups system like the 3m PPS 2.0. It’s kept my jobs a lot cleaner because the metal cups like to flake dried paint into the paint and then it shoots onto what you’re working on. If you pay for mixing cups it will cost you about the same because a lid is $1 and a liner is $1 if you’re buying the 50 pack. You just have to pay for the adapter once. You also can spray upside down. Just something to think about if you think you might paint on a semi regular/ regular basis.

Comment

Working...
        X