Front Lip Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Lip Help

The front lower lip of my E30 325i fell off somehow and I'm trying to figure out the best way to replace it. It looks like this one below. I think its the front lip of the "IS"?
    What is the best way to go about this? Do you buy them in Alpine white OEM? Do you buy them as black plastic from Ebay and paint? Needing direction! Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	yo.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	9920301

The OE ones come in either white or black primer/paint. It does not match body color, so you can either paint it SEM Trim Black to match the blacl trim on the car or use a paint supplier to get a can of premixed natched body paint. Either way looks fine, but you should know which way you want to go first as the retaining clips, which you should replace, come in either black or white.

Also, don't buy a cheapie lip off of eBay as it is not likely to fit. Remember, if your car is just a 325i you can also go with the smaller "i" lip.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      The OE ones come in either white or black primer/paint. It does not match body color, so you can either paint it SEM Trim Black to match the blacl trim on the car or use a paint supplier to get a can of premixed natched body paint. Either way looks fine, but you should know which way you want to go first as the retaining clips, which you should replace, come in either black or white.

Also, don't buy a cheapie lip off of eBay as it is not likely to fit. Remember, if your car is just a 325i you can also go with the smaller "i" lip.
      yeah i would definitely want to go with the white option. What would be the best website/resource to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by amfarawi View Post

yeah i would definitely want to go with the white option. What would be the best website/resource to buy?
        Blunt Tech, FCP Euro, ECS Tuning, the list goes on. To be clear, when you buy a lip, you will probably not be able to determine which primer it has in advance.

Comment

Working...
        X