Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who, if anybody, has put Lambo doors (gullwings) on e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to see what Jordan's response might be (if he even replies). as for me,
    I retired my E30 for now...
    E46 323i
    David Schultz

Comment

Originally posted by spencers
      Originally posted by ToplessE30
      I love the diverse opinions from people who you would least expect to say it. Me, hell, I say go for it. If people are giving you a hard time for putting Lambo doors on an E30 M3, then they should think about all the ones that get trashed and parked in peoples backyards for years and completely forgotten about. Those are the people who need to be punished, not the guy who treats it as it should be and cares for it. I'm preaching, I'm done. :roll: 8)
      I dont see what putting lambo doors on an E30 has in relevance to a vehicle sitting in the backyard. :shock:
      Because at least the owner of the e30 with lambo doors is putting money in his car as well and you can assume he's taking more care of the car than the owner who's M3 is just sitting on the backyard being targeted for rust.
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Honestly, I would do it on an e30 no prob. I think lambo doors are really cool. But at the same time, I could never do it to an M3, e36/46 yes, e30 no. Double standard maybe, but I'm sure I'm not alone. Same reason I'd dump an m/s50 into an e30 but keep the s14 if I had an M3.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
          I love the diverse opinions from people who you would least expect to say it. Me, hell, I say go for it. If people are giving you a hard time for putting Lambo doors on an E30 M3, then they should think about all the ones that get trashed and parked in peoples backyards for years and completely forgotten about. Those are the people who need to be punished, not the guy who treats it as it should be and cares for it. I'm preaching, I'm done. :roll: 8)
          I dont see what putting lambo doors on an E30 has in relevance to a vehicle sitting in the backyard. :shock:
          Because at least the owner of the e30 with lambo doors is putting money in his car as well and you can assume he's taking more care of the car than the owner who's M3 is just sitting on the backyard being targeted for rust.
          You can take care of your car without putting stupid lambo doors on it. I doubt the car will be sitting in his backyard if he doesnt get lambo doors. :roll:

Comment

Bottomline its your car... so just do what you want.

Comment

Did nobody pick up on the fact that I only wanted to see some pics of what it was like? Shure it crossed my mind however I never said I was going to do it. Read the initial post people! I am still waiting for some e30 pics... maybe there just are none.

As far as I'm concened I will paint the car and forget about the Lambo doors, I have found out that most kits require no welding and can easily be taken of or removed.

As far as those who hinted I do not know how to appreciate my car:

Chris.

Comment

I did see a gullwing e30 in an issue of BMW Scene. It was an issue that came out last year around this time if I remember correctly(if that helps).

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
                  You can take care of your car without putting stupid lambo doors on it. I doubt the car will be sitting in his backyard if he doesnt get lambo doors. :roll:
                  I guess that what I'm trying to say is that he can do whatever he wants to his car and atleast this is one e30 m3 that wouldn't have been wasted such as one that gets neglected.
                  Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Heh, There are no pictures because nobody cares to do the lambo doors! :twisted:

Comment

i think day-to-day it will get old. There was a guy at my favorite BMW (and Acura) salvge with a Honda Prelud with Gull wings. HE pulled up and got out and left the door open. The guys aound were more interested in my ugly ass 84 318i and wondering how a "city sliker" teenager wedged an m50 into such a small car.

What I am saying is don't do it! You will like the look for a while, hell you may like the parking lot clearance forever, but to others it will get old.

Probably the only reason they did it to LAmbos to begin with is becasue they are 9 feet wide, not gonna work out too well at the local Wally World :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by kylebes1
                        iProbably the only reason they did it to LAmbos to begin with is becasue they are 9 feet wide, not gonna work out too well at the local Wally World :roll:
                        I like your point of view!

Comment

a. people are talking about two different things. Gullwings and Lambo doors are totally different.
                          b. I have seen a Gullwing E30. its orange and hideous and Canadian (would make sense).
                          c. to do gulls would be easy once you refabbed the entire door. Lambos would be a bitch because youd need two mounts and at least two pistons to keep the door from wobbling when open. It would look horrible any other way. If you see a Lambo in person thier mechanism incredibly stout.
                          d. why are you asking here? You are Canadian, mods like this are in your heritage.

And before you say anything Dave, I am convicned you are NOT Canadian. Too many things just dont line up. Your wheels fit, you dont have reiger, and you arent named Doug.

(sarcasm)
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                            a. people are talking about two different things. Gullwings and Lambo doors are totally different.
                            b. I have seen a Gullwing E30. its orange and hideous and Canadian (would make sense).
                            c. to do gulls would be easy once you refabbed the entire door. Lambos would be a bitch because youd need two mounts and at least two pistons to keep the door from wobbling when open. It would look horrible any other way. If you see a Lambo in person thier mechanism incredibly stout.
                            d. why are you asking here? You are Canadian, mods like this are in your heritage.

And before you say anything Dave, I am convicned you are NOT Canadian. Too many things just dont line up. Your wheels fit, you dont have reiger, and you arent named Doug.

(sarcasm)
                            hahaha

owned

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                            On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                            BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Working...
                            X