205s on a 16x9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

205s on a 16x9?

So I have finally found my next purchase, I am debating between brock b1 or b2 rims. Now right now i have 205/45 16 tires and the rims I'm looking at come in 16x7.5 and 16x9. Obviously I would like the 9s but would a 205 be too stretched for that? Keep in mind my car will most likely never be tracked nor raced but I don't want to encounter problems with these. TIA

205 will be too stretched, you will want either 215's or 225's if they will fit without rubbing.

Comment

It's not that i want to run 205 its just i dont think i'll have the money for new tires as well. Plus i only have used these for like half of a summer. Damn I wish I didn't blow out those fucking p7000s, those would have been perfect.

Comment

Going to at least a 215 isn't going to cost much more than 205's. If you don't need a set of GREAT tires, go for Kumho's. They aren't the best, but they certainly aren't the worst.

Comment

gotta pay to play. Get smaller rims then.
          BEERTECH

Comment

Well i guess I'm going to order up the 16x7.5 b2s. Thanks for the responses. I know a 215 isn't much more than a 205 but i have these tires with about 80% tread so i figure why bother with new tires. Thanks again. Peace

Comment

I say you wait and get 16x9 you will be so much happyer in the long run. or just do it staggered and get 16x7.5 up front and 16x9 for the rear and you only have to buy two tires then.
              jason

Comment

Working...
              X