Anyone seen this Roof Rack on an E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen this Roof Rack on an E30?

I kinda like the look of it and have been thinking about picking one up. I really don't want the Thule/Yakima styled ones with the long bars. Its got a 150lb capacity and has gotten pretty good reviews.

whats the website link?

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

here is one, but its pretty widely available http://store.rampconnection.com/product.php?xProd=7352

Comment

It is very nice roof rack.I had an E90 328i with the BMW rack in the factory holes.As I recall, the BMW version feet fit closer to the roof without the large gap feet left,even though the BMW feet.This is basically new condition.
        r4i sdhc

Comment

Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered it. Should see how it looks in about a week, I will post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by rmd photography View Post
            Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered it. Should see how it looks in about a week, I will post pics.

Please update the thread when the rack comes in. I'm intested in one as well, but don't know if I trust it to hold my mountain bikes at 70 mph.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassBreaker View Post
              Please update the thread when the rack comes in. I'm intested in one as well, but don't know if I trust it to hold my mountain bikes at 70 mph.

Thanks.
              Just got it in and on the car, its very strong, however unlike a thule or a yakima it is not really designed to be a bike rack. I will however be getting some mounts to add to this one to be able to transport my road bike since I am into cycling as well.

I also am adding oak planks to the bottom for flooring.

And then about a foot long piece of channeling in the rear to sit the rear tire in and strap it down.

Comment

Teak.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                  Teak.
                  Ehh...I already have some old native oak planks laying around that were from a 60+ y/o outhouse that we tore down a few years back. They have been planed down a bit but still have that aged look and beautiful grain pattern. I am trying to decide if I want to stain them the yellow that ya see so often or if I want to do a charcoal stain to go along with the flat black car.

Comment

Actually here is the full kit that should work pretty well with this rack. Its a Yakima product called the Boa.

Comment

Can't wait for the pictures. Are the top bars moveable to other positions on the frame? A Rocky Mounts tray is pretty universal and should work with this set up.

Comment

What was the total shipped cost? I wouldn't mind having a rack to hold parts from time to time

Comment

Is it really sub 60 dollars shipped and attaches right to the gutters?

Comment

Originally posted by GlassBreaker View Post
                            Can't wait for the pictures. Are the top bars moveable to other positions on the frame? A Rocky Mounts tray is pretty universal and should work with this set up.
                            Ya, you can put the bars at any of those holes along the side.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            What was the total shipped cost? I wouldn't mind having a rack to hold parts from time to time
                            Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                            Is it really sub 60 dollars shipped and attaches right to the gutters?
                            Ya, it was $55 shipped and it went right on the gutters. I cut all my oak planks into strips and stained them tonight, will get them mounted tomorrow afternoon and get some pics for you guys. So far I am very pleased!

Comment

That's a great looking rack, I dig it! Pics nao!

Comment

Working...
                              X