Diving Board Bumper Trim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diving Board Bumper Trim.

So I'm planning on painting the bumper trim on my car. The shoe polish didn't work for me? Any tips on how to get the trim off without breaking it or the clips?? Thanks!
    sigpic

Clips? No, far more heinous than that.

There are little studs molded into the back of each panel. They poke through holes, then get nuts on the backside, or at least some of them do. Enough are that way that I say fuck it, mask the fuck out of your car, wetsand with 400, then 600, then spray "high build" primer, then paint.

Remember to put the little bitch up on jackstands and get a short wheeled stool so you don't cripple yourself doing the damn thing.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I took mine off to refinish a while ago. Its not *that* bad but it is a serious PITA.

Mine were starting to rot from sun damage, so I had to start with a coarse paper, then a 400, then some high build primer, then paint. Although, Id be careful if you do take them off, they tend to bend and warp really easy.

GL

-Brian

Comment

Working...
      X