filtering water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filtering water

does anyone have water that leaves excessive minerals on their car when they wash it? I looked at Griots variant but thinking it's way over priced so has anyone used

Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Autogeek is legit I have a lot of there stuff and it is all beter than griots.
    1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
    5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

How fast does that thing filter?
      My buddy has something like this but connected to a 40 gallon tank. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11201522 Of course its more expensive that the option you were looking at but he has a black F350 and I washed it at 2PM last time summer and it was pretty much spot free, I couldn't do anything about the dust that blew onto the wet car at times, just had to hose and wipe it again.
      sigpic

Comment

Autogeek's site doesn't mention the gpm.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I bought a towel instead. Well, I use "The Absorber" - but the point is that mineral deposits don't happen if you dry the car. And you should have plenty of time to dry the car if you properly wash it in the shade. One of those collapsible tent things to pop up over your car if you don't have garage/tree shade is about the same cost as a decent in-line filter, and the tent will help you when you wax, too.

If you simply must have a filter, just go to Lowe's / Home Depot / whatever and buy a whole-house filter for $20 (same thing, just without the clear base you don't need). Don't like to go to stores? Order a $16 filter housing (the clear one is more like $30) and $8 for two 5 micron sediment elements from Amazon for about half the cost. You'll still have to get 3/4 pipe thread to hose fittings to use it with garden hose. You can get them ($9/each, you need two) on Amazon, too, but you can probably find them cheaper at the hardware store around the dishwasher hoses. My local Lowes has them in two places - with all the other pipe fittings for $8-ish, and with the dishwasher stuff for like $3-ish.

I like the idea of The Absorber and a tent better, though - those are portable. ;)

Comment

Or you can be like Blunt and wash your car with bottles of Fiji water.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
              This. Beat me to it
              sigpic
              New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
              %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                He washes his 02 in that shit.
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                X