Tint - How dark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tint - How dark?

My PO put crappy blue-ish tint on my car, which is now all bubbling in the back and it's hard to see out. I need to get it redone.

How dark should I go? I would say it's on the dark side now. I don't want to go any darker, and I almost think super dark tint looks kind of bad on the e30. A bit lighter is more classic for an older car. But I don't want to go too light and regret it.

Thoughts? Pics?

Just do a 35% range tint.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

35% is what I have too. I like no tint better but with super hot summers with no AC and black leather seats I needed something.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Thanks for the pics guys. That helps, but I think that's the darkest I want to go. Anyone know what 50% looks like? My car is red BTW so that would be ideal.

Comment

I am goin 60-70 on my current e30. Not doing it til paint though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
            I am goin 60-70 on my current e30. Not doing it til paint though.
            Yeah, I need paint too but my current tint looks so bad that it's going to be a major improvement to the looks for a couple hundred bucks. (If you think of it, half the car is the windows.)

Comment

I've got 35% in the rear 3 and 50% on the driver/passenger doors in a white 318is. I'll snap some pictures when the weather's cleared up a bit, maybe tomorrow.
              1990 332i, 4 door
              2008 KTM 990 Superduke
              2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
              2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
              2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Sounds perfect, thanks Varinn.

Comment

Anyone have pics of 50% tint? I think I'm narrowing it down between 50% and 35%.

Comment

Working...
                  X