Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting Mirrors and moldings

Guys quick question.

I read that SEM was used for the mirrors. What make? Where can I find? Pepboys? Flat black?

Also, I was to spruce up the molding that covers the chrome bumpers (84-87). I am refering to the ones that house the corner marker lights and sit on top of the bumpers themselves (not the ones that would touch someone's bumper if you backed into it.)

It cant be the same trim paint that is used from the windshield wipers, and pillars etc.

Any help is appreciated.

I painted my mirrors black today actually. With spray paint specifically for plastic. Not sure if that is helpful, but it came out pretty nicely IMO.
    Originally posted by ak-
    Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

I'm heading to Pepboys this weekend. Would be nice to have something OEM like.

Comment

There is an automotive paint store in simi valley,ca that sells SEM.

I'm all there! Taping took me hours!!! But well worth it to preserve the paint and what little overspray there was was treated with thinnner. Car is looking great,
        Last edited by Javier h; 12-05-2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

So are you painting the mirrors, and the pillars?? Pics of finished product?
          Originally posted by ak-
          Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

I did my old mirrors with mirror/bumper/trim paint. Shot really easy and looked great.

I'll be body matching for the is though.
            I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

Working...
            X