How to fix bent valence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix bent valence?

My valence towards the bottom near the lip is slightly bent. It is noticeable because the lip doesnt align with the valence and theres a gap. Also its right in the middle of the car... How do you guys suggest me to get at this problem with home tools?

With mine, I whacked at it with a rubber mallet until I got it as straight as I could. Once you bend them, it's damn near impossible to get them back to perfect. But try that and see how close you can get it.

I was able to get it to look pretty decent (PO had a front end collision that messed up the valence, fender, and hood), but I didn't think it was good enough so I ended up buying a replacement off of Sam (Mossman).

Comment

Pictures of the damage?

Otherwise it's hard to tell. Genuine body work requires the appropriate dollies and hammers/picks/stops, ect... But, I've done some quick body work that looked damn good for what it was with vice grips, channel locks, rubber mallet, 2x4 board, ball ping and a drywall hammer.
      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

get a new one

Comment

Working...
        X