Euro Bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Bumpers

on the front euro bumpers do they have a space specially for euro plates? i notice on some of the members e30's there is an indent where the euro plate is supposed to go. is this cuz of a euro bumper? how do you get that?

I'm lost. Euro bumpers do have a space in the center trim for the plate.
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Are you talking about the real euro bumpers, such as, the small metal ones? If so, then yes. They come with a euro plate holder for it. If you search under my name, I have a ton of pictures of my old euro bumpered e30.
      M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
        I'm lost. Euro bumpers do have a space in the center trim for the plate.
        so euro pumpers have a space/indent for euro plates? i notice on some e30s the euro plate fits clean, like it is meant to go there. on my us spec it sticks out cuz it is obviously not meant for a euro plate.

Comment

Euro bumpers have a recess for a full euro plate, US bumpers don't obviously due to us having smaller plates. Not the main reason people switch to euro bumpers though. I believe though, on plastic bumpers, you can switch out the trim to euro trim to fit the full plate properly.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

alright thanks.

Comment

Just to clear up any confusion...

Early North American Bumpers (84-88, pic is my '84 325e, before the swap):

Early Euro/ROW Bumpers (84-87, pic is my '84 325e w/ euro bumps but before euro valence):

Late US Bumpers (89-91, Avery0829's 325i):

Late Euro/ROW Bumpers (89-93, pic is an Aussie Spec 316i I found on google):

The early model NA-Spec bumpers are completly different in every way from the Euro/ROW-spec bumpers. Yes, the Euro/ROW bumpers have a plate mount for the European style plate. The late model bumpers themselves are the same whether Euro or NA-spec. They only differ in the black rubber moulding. The NA-Spec ones have side-markers while the Euro/Rest-of-World bumpers do not.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Its a little hard to tell, whats the diff on the newer cars exactly? Looks like the recess is about as wide, but there isn't a lot of contrast in the US pic.
                I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

The only difference is the black moulding, specifically on the sides of the bumper. The US ones have the side-marker/reflectors mounted there, while the Euro/ROW version does not. They have their side markers (called repeaters) mounted on the fender behind the front wheel wells.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X