• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible Hard Top

Can all E30 convertibles use the hard top? I have a 92. THanks

Bob
    03 325xiT/5

Annoying post job dick. One post will suffice.

Comment

Thanks for the positive reply...I know a multiple post is really putting your day off.
      03 325xiT/5

Comment

No, but letting your douche bag behavior go unchecked is contrary to my being.

Comment

My 93 has a hardtop.
          1990 325is - sterling silver, very nice, maybe for sale

Comment

Dont worry, people from MD are dicks, especially Laurel.

Yes you can put a hardtop on any cabrio, just need to install parts. there are some electrical contacts and i think some other parts that need to be installed on the car to accept the hardtop.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

All verts have the hard top receptacles from the factory. As long as the top you buy is complete with mounting spikes, you're golden, nothing else to buy. The little black rubber plug in the vert top hinge flap area pulls out, and that's where the hard top post goes in and quarter turns to lock with 11mm wrench. There is a special spanner wrench to adjust the hard top, but it's not necessary for mounting and adjustment could probably be done without it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Mossman View Post
                All verts have the hard top receptacles from the factory. As long as the top you buy is complete with mounting spikes, you're golden, nothing else to buy. The little black rubber plug in the vert top hinge flap area pulls out, and that's where the hard top post goes in and quarter turns to lock with 11mm wrench. There is a special spanner wrench to adjust the hard top, but it's not necessary for mounting and adjustment could probably be done without it anyways.
                Almost. It may just be the early verts but not all of them have the receptacles for hardtops. I had to buy a set for my 87 vert because it just came with little holders for the rubber plugs.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Weird. Not saying you're wrong, but I've had 2 87's that had them, my 89 had them, and a 91 318ic that had them. And I've seen plenty in junkyards and stuff. Never seen anything but the factory recepticals.

Comment

Mine was a 12/86 or something like that so it may have been built before the hardtops were even available as an option.

Comment

Working...
                    X