Inspar8r's U.S. Smoked Ellips installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspar8r's U.S. Smoked Ellips installed

Car is covered in dust, really dirty, and in pieces at the moment, but you get the ideas. They turned out really really good. Gonna compare them to the real thing as soon as I get mine.

332iS R.I.P.

They would look better if he blacked out his angel eyes :)

smoked headlights dont look right unless the ring around them is also blacked out.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

We agreed that it looked a little 'different,' but none-the-less, they turned out really nice. 100% better than non-smoked. It will match the smoked turns and foglights too.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

the smoked headlights are just for cosmetic right. also they affect some the bright of the light?
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

I dont think so. I havent taken apart a non-smoked unit but I thought they had the same plates in the front just silver or white instead of black.

They would hurt the high beam performace a little, but mine are still hella bright.
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
            I dont think so. I havent taken apart a non-smoked unit but I thought they had the same plates in the front just silver or white instead of black.

They would hurt the high beam performace a little, but mine are still hella bright.
            in the high beam? ...there are no plates inside it like on the smoked ones.

if you are talking about the low beam, the reflector is replaced with a black plastic piece (that is in much the same shape).

Comment

Light output is not affected AT ALL. Low beams are projector headlamps so they do not use the reflector, therefore the reflector is painted black to give the appearance of a smoked headlamp. The highbeam DOES use the reflector, therefore a baffle iin the shape of a black + sign is placed in the center of the highbeam that gives the appearance of a black reflector, but its still fully functional silver. Nick's high beam baffle is very very thin so it's practically not visible from a head-on look like the Hella Smoked Ellips. :up:

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

I thought the whole thing came out QUITE well. I was thoroughly impressed with the final results.

I should have a article soon when the other side is done...
                Nick

87 325 5MT
                02 IS300 5MT

Comment

when are the HID kits going to be done....i know its off topic

maybe they are and i just don't know about it

Comment

Done and ready to go, as soon as you have the loot, i can get your kit...
                    Nick

87 325 5MT
                    02 IS300 5MT

Comment

how much are they again..and can we see them? i also forget which ones you are offering 4000k, 6000k...? i have euro ellips so i'd need h1's.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave
                        how much are they again..and can we see them? i also forget which ones you are offering 4000k, 6000k...? i have euro ellips so i'd need h1's.
                        I think they were 4300k and 6000k.

I'm pretty sure there was some talk about having 5200k also... which is what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
                          Originally posted by DrMcDave
                          I think they were 4300k and 6000k.

I'm pretty sure there was some talk about having 5200k also... which is what I want.
                          me too, i dunno where i came up with 4000...5200 sounds good

Comment

4800K-5000K and 6000K is what we have for the 9006 application. I'd have to look into 7000K like some people asked, but i know for sure we have 8000K available, although i don't recommend anything above 6000K.

The kits we sell are made by a company named Acumen optoelectronics. The are Manufacturers of Xenon kits, every aspect.

Their ballasts are wide-range ballasts, running on 8-32V DC. The power cable from the ballast to the bulbs comes in various lengths, up to 1 meter if i remember correctly.

They have Met ISO standards and used molded bases, not glued-on bases. The bulbs have been corrected as well for perfect bulb placement.

The problem with the 9006 bulbs has been addressed and fixed.

The kit comes with ballast brackets for easy mounting, as well as plugs (with the rubber weatherstrip seal on one side) that will plug into your stock 9006 harness. NO SPLICING REQUIRED for those already with ellipsoids.

We can take orders now, but the manufacturer has been having stocking problems due to the demand for the D2 based bulbs.

It' may be easier and quicker to set up a group buy, which i will start in the retail classifieds tomorrow. Prices will be set then.
                            Nick

87 325 5MT
                            02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Working...
                            X