Chrome door handles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome door handles

I planning on a chrome euro bumper conversion. My brother-in-law works for a shop that does chrome plating. I was thinking of sending a set of door handles to him and see if they can be chromed. They seem to be some sort of metal so I assume its possible. Normally I am not a fan of a lot of chrome, but with the bumpers I think it may look sharp.

Has anyone ever seen an e30 with chrome door handles?
    #30 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
    We need friends

normally don't like chrome either, but it could be cool. you keeping the window trim chrome too?

Comment

I'm trying to keep the outer chrome, the gutter and door sills. I wrecked one of the chrome trims (the uglier one) trying to remove it for paint prep. I am keeping the chrome rub strips as well.

Basically I am looking to paint mine like this and I think the chrome handles would be pretty classy:

We need friends

Comment

Subscribed

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Comment

Id leave the chrome window/windshield trim and the fender/door trim with chrome strip on them. This way the fender/door trim follows the lines of the chrome bumpers and the window trim will flow with the windshield. Chrome door handles will stick out too much like those cheesy fender things people put on their crown vics and what not.

Comment

No.
            1990 E30 325i sedan - Gletscherblau (280) over Indigo cloth (0271)

Comment

It could look good, just hard too visualize. It is alittle reminiscent of the shitty chrome fender trim shits people slap on, but it might look decent

Comment

My thoughts were more like BMW 2002 which came with chrome door handles. I got a quote on getting them acid dipped and then triple nickel chromed. It was $75 - $90 per handle which was way more than I was expecting. That quote was based on a verbal description of the handles, so they did say it may be a little less once they looked at them. Still a bit cost prohibitive IMO. I do still think it would look very classic on a car with chrome euro bumpers and factory chrome trim and it would be tacky on any other car.

Anyway, now that I discovered that my headliner is full of mold my project is shifting to a new direction and chrome handles are the least of my worries. I'll post here if I do end up getting them done.
                We need friends

Comment

Get some chrome vinyl wrap and see how it would look

Comment

Sounds like your brother in law does not like you very much. I'd say $20 a handle sounds about what i could probably get it done for. But there are literally hundreds of chrome shops in So Cal that have to compete with each other.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Chrome plating is not cheap due the chemicals being used in the process. The chromers pay HUGE environmental fees to be able to use the chemicals they need, which jacks the price way up. $75-90 is a bit high, but I don't think any place would do them for under $50.

Comment

E21 and E30 handles look the exact same. There are a ton of E21's with chrome handles. They bolt up the same, just not 100% sure if they fit.

---
                        I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qxw324

Comment

quick google. not the right color but i think it would look good if done right.
                          Originally posted by TimKninja
                          Racelands are cheap shit.
                          Originally posted by whodwho
                          So are r3v members
                          Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          dude, this is R3v. there's like 40 project threads, and like 20 FS threads and 100 members ride threads of stupid shit. guaranteed laughs on every page. cut springs, rolled cars at 20mph, fishtank heater core, selling broken stuff, painting cars with paint brush, cheap wings, hella-flush and then there is Vlad, king of the eta M3

Comment

Still not my style but it isnt so bad because he's lacking chrome bumpers and chrome door trim.

Comment

id love to do a set for mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X