Flares because

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flares because

No, I actually put them on because it was cheaper to install those then replace an entire quarter panel because of a messed up driver side rear arch. I think they look pretty decent.

If you went to the e30 meet in asheville NC some months ago you might know what it looked like before.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Haters welcome, because i know there are gonna be alot.
    89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Looks aight, kinda. You really need to get some for the front too though. Looks kinda wonky with them just in the rear.

Comment

Fully agree. Will prolly be ordering some more for the front in a few weeks just to even it out.

Rears still need to be trimmed for a final fit.

That rear "gap" is kind of necessary inless I want the front of the flare covering a bunch of the front of the tire.
      89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

Comment

I was liking them till i looked at the part by the bumper. If they fit properly, would be one thing. But as of right now, it makes the car look a little cheap with a ill fitting part on it.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Are these the IE 2002 turbo flares?

Maybe it's possible to trim that rear part so that it meets the rear bumper neatly?

Comment

These are to turbo 2002 style flares. Gonna try and trim them up tonight and see how much better or worse I can get it.

Hopefully it turns out ok

Comment

I like the rear only fenders a la skyline 2000 gtr.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

If you could slide them back just a hair, maybe split the difference in gap between the front of the fender and rear. Then trim both side just a little. Here's a drawing, please don't hate on my mad MSpaint skills. The 1st is the flare as it. The 2nd is just trimming the rear of it.. kinda funny looking. I think the 3rd option would look the best. Try to keep that little "lip" on the flare even when you do it. Take your time doig it and it should look legit.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for posting that picture. It is a good idea to move the flare a bit and split the difference. At most i will only be able to move it 1/2 inch or else were talking filling rivet holes, sanding, painting, blending and so forth. I will already have to fill those holes and hope they cant be seen at all. I didnt get around to cutting anything tonight so ill take a look at it tomorrow and see how much moving the flare will really help.

Comment

Where did you source the flares?
                    Also now you have to do the fronts too.
                    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Working...
                    X