Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some of your expertise, rear valence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some of your expertise, rear valence.

So I decided to try and fix my rear bumper. Previous owner fixed it himself and as a result, the valence was not flush with the rear bumper. Took off the rear bumper and I find out that the PO riveted it to the car. My question is: How is the rear valence typically attached to the car? Any help or pictures are appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files

well you have an early model, that normally looks like this:

so that is an aftermarket valance, which i suppose would end up being riveted to the car. you should get under there and make sure it's properly sealed/rustproofed, in addition to straightening it up.

Comment

may be a late model valence attached to an early model car

Comment

A stock valance would be welded. That's not a stock valance.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Thanks for the input so far. I forgot to stay that it is an 87.

Comment

The first guy who replied is the one to listen to. But if you don't want that apron on your car. I'm sure someone would take it off your hands as it looks like it would look nice when mounted correctly. And you would still have your stock valance on your car since it isn't removable, but will be full of holes once that apron is removed.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thanks for the input. Looks like saturday will be filled with hole filling and drilling some new ones.

Comment

Yeah I'm sorry, I had a really rushed reply earlier. That's an aftermarket rear valance, and your rear should look just like evandeel posted. A mod that people like to do (well not really cuz it's a PITA) is cut off a late model e30 valence (shown below) and weld it onto an early model. That would be what I was referring to as a "stock valance". Your car didn't really come with a valance, and if you have no desire to put one one, your best bet would be to fill in the holes like you plan on doing and treat them with rust preventive coating before painting. If you plan to re mount this valance, try to find out what company it is and go from there to find out the proper way to make it fit.

Stock e30 late model valance:
                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                X