Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Euro Bumper w/ Rear Late Model Valance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Euro Bumper w/ Rear Late Model Valance?

Good day,

I've been considering doing euro bumpers for awhile now, but I haven't a clue what the rear euro would look like with an american late model valance. Does anybody have any pics of this? Is it even possible?

Nobody?

Comment

No, it is not possible. The arches on the 88-91 cars are about 1 1/2" smaller on all sides as the early models.

You would need to extend the bumper to cover the body of the car and since they are steel this seem difficult.
      REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
        No, it is not possible. The arches on the 88-91 cars are about 1 1/2" smaller on all sides as the early models.

You would need to extend the bumper to cover the body of the car and since they are steel this seem difficult.
        you can use convertible bumper covers which are longer. However, the most important issue is the length of late model arches/valences being taller. So even if you do manage to get it in, there will be a huge gap vertically between the bumper and valence

Comment

early model+euro bumper+weld on late model valence?

Comment

Originally posted by frankie591 View Post
            early model+euro bumper+weld on late model valence?
            This right here. I've already got late model bumpers and valance, but I want to go euro bumpers without having to get rid of my late model rear valance.

Comment

I believe I pm'ed you last night that I have a rear bumper where someone did this mod to it for his plastic bumper model. I don't have a use for it so if you want it I'll let it go for cheap. I have the rubber trim but not the end-caps you'll need to source those.
              Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                I believe I pm'ed you last night that I have a rear bumper where someone did this mod to it for his plastic bumper model. I don't have a use for it so if you want it I'll let it go for cheap. I have the rubber trim but not the end-caps you'll need to source those.
                Thanks for the quick reply, but I'm eyeing a parts car with the euro bumpers already on. I'm just wondering if anyone has a pic of what the rear would look like with euro bumpers and a late model valance.

Comment

Working...
                X