325is Colors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325is Colors??

I want to pick up a 325is and am wondering what colors were available on them. Mainly interested in 89-91.

Was Delphin Grey available in those years??

Thanks for you help

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
    1989 325iC M50 Vert
    1989 325i Coupe
    1991 318is
    1995 318ti Club Sport
    2006 330i e90
    2008 Tundra Crewmax

1989:
    Diamond Black Metallic
    Cinnabar Red
    Bronzit Beige Metallic
    Alpine White
    LApis Blue
    Delphin Grey Metallic
    Cirrus Blue Metallic
    Royal Blue Metallic
    Burgundy Metallic
    Salmon Silver Metallic
    Silver Grey Metallic

Diamond Black Metallic
    Bronzit Beige Metallic
    Delphin Grey Metallic
    Alpine White
    Sterling Silver Metallic
    Calypso Red
    Island Green Metallic
    Glacier Blue Metallic
    Azure Blue Metallic
    Bright Red

Diamond Black Metallic
    Alpine White
    Sterling Silver Metallic
    Calypso Red
    Island Green Metallic
    Glacier Blue Metallic
    Bright Red
    Azure Blue Metallic

I may have left some out, but that is the best I could piece together.
    My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Diamond Black is also metallic. AND HAWT.

Go for a color no-one has. I've seen only one E30 in Royal Blue metallic and it is a beautiful color.
      Reminiscing...

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I just bought an '87 325e sedan, but as soon as my truck sells I want to buy a nice 325is and I'm trying to decide exactly what I want now.

Last year I had a '95 M3 and an e36 325ic cabrio before that. I think these e30's are more fun to drive than either of those cars, and definately cheaper to mod :D

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
        1989 325iC M50 Vert
        1989 325i Coupe
        1991 318is
        1995 318ti Club Sport
        2006 330i e90
        2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by brodee
          Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I just bought an '87 325e sedan, but as soon as my truck sells I want to buy a nice 325is and I'm trying to decide exactly what I want now.

Last year I had a '95 M3 and an e36 325ic cabrio before that. I think these e30's are more fun to drive than either of those cars, and definately cheaper to mod :D
          yeah theyre deffinately more fun. plus when you compared some old E36s with even older e30's it seems that most of the time the e30's are in better running condition and simply better built.

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik

Go for a color no-one has. I've seen only one E30 in Royal Blue metallic and it is a beautiful color.
            Duh, I knew that

Comment

Is there a difference in the 325i and the 325is other than lower suspension and lower rear-end ratio?

I'm thinking it may be easier to find an i instead of the is

1988 M3 - Track Rat
              1989 325iC M50 Vert
              1989 325i Coupe
              1991 318is
              1995 318ti Club Sport
              2006 330i e90
              2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Is there a difference in the 325i and the 325is other than lower suspension and lower rear-end ratio?

In 1991 there was no 325iS, but you can find all the sport options on them. Look for a 1991 and check to see if it has sport seats since that's all you really need, you can change the springs and shocks later 8).

Look for a 4.10, 3.91, I dunno what came with the LSD in the 325's. My 318is has a 4.10...
                Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Tecknik

Mine is Royalblau metallic. The picture below is not the greatest for showing that color though. :(
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

No, not really. Also, the ratios are the same 3.73 across the 5-speed board.

Comment

Thanks guys. Now I just have to get this truck out of here so I can get one. Anyone want to buy a Z71 with a 6" lift???

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                      1989 325iC M50 Vert
                      1989 325i Coupe
                      1991 318is
                      1995 318ti Club Sport
                      2006 330i e90
                      2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

325is' also come with a LSD rear differential, power sunroof, premium sound with separates front and rear, and full OBC. I believe these were all options for the "i" models.
                        '91 318is
                        sigpic

Comment

My car is Diamond-shwartz metallic (Diamond Black). I would never have bought a car with black paint, metallic or not, but now that I have it, I love it.
                          Current BMW's:
                          2004 330Ci
                          1986 European 325i cabrio
                          1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
                          1989 325is RIP
                          1989 325iX RIP
                          2001 740iL RIP

Comment

Huh-whaaat? No Hennarot? Aww. Thats sucks. Hennarot is a cool colour - actually is a "warm" one, but we aint doing Year 8 art here. I like Hennarot - its different, you should too. Its a shame you cant get a Hennarot 325iS.

Comment

Originally posted by napa1m
                              Huh-whaaat? No Hennarot? Aww. Thats sucks. Hennarot is a cool colour - actually is a "warm" one, but we aint doing Year 8 art here. I like Hennarot - its different, you should too. Its a shame you cant get a Hennarot 325iS.
                              Yup. M3-Only.

Comment

Working...
                              X