E30 Fuel Expansion Tank Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Fuel Expansion Tank Mount

Hello, I just purchased an E30 Cabriolet and working on some surface rust and some fixes. In reference to the diagram below, # 1 and the cover # 23 are hanging. They are not touching the rear wheel. It looks like it's being held up by the fuel lines and one bolt where the red circle is.

Can anyone tell me if there should be a bracket on top of the wheel well that the cover and expansion tank secures to or a clip? I peeled the cover out a bit and did not find any mounting brackets. Could someone take a photo of their wheel well for me so I can see how it's supposed to be? There is a rusted bolt where #23 is on the diagram, and the expansion tank looks like it was held up from the top as well, not as shown in the diagram.

Any help is appreciated!

If need be, I can take some pictures of what it looks like on my car.

Thanks in advance!
    Cyrus
    Attached Files

There should be a bracket spot welded to the top of the wheel well that both the expansion tank and the cover bolt to. I just finished welding in a new bracket on my car b/c mine had rusted completely away. I have some pics, just have to upload them for you.
    '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Hi Cinnabar,

If you could upload the pics, that would be great! If it'll make it easier, you can email them to me at cyruscli@gmail.com. Mine's completely gone as well. I honestly would not have noticed if I didn't remove the bumper to do some touch up work.

Really appreciate it!

Cy

Comment

Working...
      X