Trouble installing shadowline trim...PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble installing shadowline trim...PLEASE HELP

Hey all, My shadowline trim on the passenger side came loose and was pulled off the car going down the road. After inspection there seems to be no visible damage to the car. The only problem I am finding is that when trying to install it back onto the car the trim seems to be getting caught up at the curve at the top of the A-pillar. I don't want to try bending metal on a 22 year old car just yet. Any suggestions, comments or tips?
    '91 318is Alpine II- || HR Sport || Bilstein Sport || Poly RTAB || Treehouse FCAB || Poly Motor Mount || Poly Tranny Mount || Poly Diff mount || IE Sway Bar || BA HP Coils/Wires || 19# Injectors || SSR Comps w/10mm spacers || Hawk Pads || Fog Delete || Magnaflow Exhaust || Z4 3.0 SSK ||

If you are talking about the gutter rail piece then here is the way I put mine on. I came from the front of the car and slide the top flat part of the trim down the gutter and lined the curve up with the car. Then just start at the back pushing down and in and when you get to the curve you may have to "bend" it a bit to get it in place. Chances are that if your trim fell off, you are gonna need to tighten up the channel on it by gently squeezing it closed at the locations of the little clips inside it.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X