Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many interested in M-Tech I, II goodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many interested in M-Tech I, II goodies?

I got some stuff in the works of bringing over bumpers, M-tech I and II front spoilers, sideskirts, rear bumper/aprons, and rear spoilers.

This is in preliminary stages thus i did not post it in the for sale thread becasue i do not have the parts or know how much I will sell them for.

i would also sell parts individually. So if all you need is an M-tech II wing, i could do that for example.

These parts would be OEM, no aftermarket BS. I may even have my bodyshop guy prepare the spoilers (primered and ready to paint) so when customers get them, they can bring it to their local bodyshop or whatever immediateley.

Once again, this is a serious feeler, i am posting this just to get an idea what people would be interested in.

Thanks for looking. Marko.

I can't give you guys an accurate price now because I don't know what it cost me. Off the top of my head, this is what I am coming up with. It will probably be these prices give or take $50

front bumper $175
    rear bumper $175
    set of front and rear bumpers $300
    M-Tech I front spoiler/air dam/whatever we call it $250
    M-Tech II front spoiler $300
    M-Tech I sideskirts $200
    M-Tech II sideskirts $275
    M-Tech II rear bumper/apron $400
    M-Tech I rear bumper/apron $400
    M-Tech I rear spoiler $175
    M-Tech II rear spoiler $225

Again these are off the top of my head. Based on these prices a complete M-Tech I would cost $1200 and an M-tech II would cost $1375.

Obviously if these get put on ebay, they could sell higher or lower than these prices.

I will keep you guys posted on the status of this, but they won't be available until into the spring season.

Thanks.

Oh one more thing, i would try to get all the mounting hardware you would need to mount these on the car. What good is a kit if you can not put it on properly.

Comment

I would be interested.

Nick

Comment

side skirts would be good if i could get some CASH, as long as they fit cabrios that is
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I'd be somewhat interested in a mtech 1 rear spoiler.
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

Does the valence and rear apron of the mtech2 kit fit on the stock plastic bumpers? I might also be interested in the apron/valence, and sideskirts.

Comment

Originally posted by B2ThaZiZza
              Does the valence and rear apron of the mtech2 kit fit on the stock plastic bumpers? I might also be interested in the apron/valence, and sideskirts.
              The M-Tech II rear apron comes with the bumper attached to it. So you would actually remove your US bumper and put on the one piece M-Tech II assembly.

Comment

mtech2 sideskirts/door panels for 2door. i would buy asap.
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Mtech 1 rear spoiler
                  Continuous For Sale Thread
                  323i s50

Comment

Guys, right now i have two complete M-tech I kits in frankfurt minus 1 rear spoiler. I knew shipping was the issue otherwise everyone would be rocking this stuff. I have been in contact with various freight companies and will probably go for a partial container, which will take TIME. Lots of time unfortunately (ocean freight)

Also, i would not want to put a few kits in a decent size container and have a crapload of empty space. I have been looking for S50's, 6 speed tranny's, etc..My cousin who lives in germany is also looking around for the best ways for shipping this stuff, but it seems the "cheapest" or rather most economical way is to get a partial container and throw everything you can possibly think of in it, and pray that I find a broker that won't kill me on fees/tariffs. i am sure you guys know how this can get.

i've been real busy with school, work, etc...so I can't put as much time into this as i wish i could, but i am doing my best.

I will keep you guys updated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 325i
                      Guys, right now i have two complete M-tech I kits in frankfurt minus 1 rear spoiler. I knew shipping was the issue otherwise everyone would be rocking this stuff. I have been in contact with various freight companies and will probably go for a partial container, which will take TIME. Lots of time unfortunately (ocean freight)

Also, i would not want to put a few kits in a decent size container and have a crapload of empty space. I have been looking for S50's, 6 speed tranny's, etc..My cousin who lives in germany is also looking around for the best ways for shipping this stuff, but it seems the "cheapest" or rather most economical way is to get a partial container and throw everything you can possibly think of in it, and pray that I find a broker that won't kill me on fees/tariffs. i am sure you guys know how this can get.

i've been real busy with school, work, etc...so I can't put as much time into this as i wish i could, but i am doing my best.

I will keep you guys updated. Thanks.
                      Not sure if this would work but what about UPS. I ask because I paid $29 in duties to have 4 boxes of wheels delivered to my door and it only took three days from Germany.

Comment

That would defintely not work. UPS and Fedex have size limits on their packages that if is exceeded, automatically moves to "freight" meaning 10X as much for shipping no matter the weight. Just the size and physical dimensions of mtech kits to be shipping makes it difficult to have them shipped to NA.

To be more specific, the only parts that are difficult to ship are the rear bumper and valence because of their depth. Spoilers, front bumpers and valences can be shipped decently without much effort.

Its not really about duties and such. Its the size.

Mike

Comment

Thats what I figured, but that damn commercial keeps asking me "what can brown do for you"? I figured in this day and age logistics could be taken care of without charging an arm and a leg.
                          Lets rent a small plane and pack it full of shit. We can land at the Mount Snow airport and viola, Germany goodies for all. :D
                          We can even fly over Alberta and air drop some shit.

Comment

I would buy full kit if the price is right obviously. How about side skirts for a vert? I don't really know if they made them but I am sure some one will tell me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by vt.bimmer
                              Thats what I figured, but that damn commercial keeps asking me "what can brown do for you"? I figured in this day and age logistics could be taken care of without charging an arm and a leg.
                              Lets rent a small plane and pack it full of shit. We can land at the Mount Snow airport and viola, Germany goodies for all. :D
                              We can even fly over Alberta and air drop some shit.
                              Yeah, shipping companies are out to make money, simple as that.

But seriously, if you are interested in getting all these kits here, you have to pack ALOT of kits, bumpers etc. into that ocean shipped box. It would be a hassle and essentially, the amount that you can bring over to all of us is limited by your $$$ supply.

That said, how serious are you and how many can you bring?

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X