whats the missing bumper piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the missing bumper piece

long story short i bought this e30 6 months ago. front running lights and blinkers and stuff did not work. I knew the car had been in a fender bender but wasnt reported on insurance. so finally 6 months later i decide to let people coming the other way im turning(guess it would be nice)

so i found this guide

and was like cool. can adjust it and make it sit right and fix em. i pulled off my bumper and is in the attached picture. So those black things that the torque screws actually go into to hold the front plastics on does not screw into anything and theres nothing REALLY holding it on.

so my question is, what are those black parts called so i can get some, and the adjusters on the sides of my bumper do not evenline up with teh holes at all. theres a bolt a quater inch short of the whole with the washer on the same side so it doesnt sit right(the parts the top part slide into.
    what are those also called cuz i might as well replace everything holding my bumper in place.

edit: i also have a leaky oil filter housing gasket that would go away even after replacement. this i know, problems for another day.
    Attached Files

you need late model bumper shocks. It looks like you need quite a bit, but to mount the bumper, you at least need the shocks.

Here's the RealOEM link.

Comment

thanks man, ya whoever the guy paid to have the front end put back together did the worst job possible, it sits terribly. just trying to fix little bit at a time.

whole separate issue after i got all the lights working on the front was that the back running lights dont even have have the wiring anywhere near it. fun stuff

Comment

Working...
      X