1987 325is front spoiler custom mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325is front spoiler custom mounting

so my '87 325is brackets that mount the cow catcher front spoiler are snapped, cracked, warped and pretty much useless. I'm looking for a creative way to mount it. One of the PO's mounted it using self tapping metal screws and drilled holes in the sides and two more under each fog light. It's not the cleanest set up but this is my dedicated autocross/ trackday car.

So i debating weather i should fiberglass reinforce the back of the front spoiler, then mount it up using those 6 drilled holes and bolts. I'm just not sure how well it will hold up or resist flexing

Plan B is fill some of the holes in the front valence, repaint the valence then bolt on the 1986-1987 325e, 325i regular black plastic front spoiler. If im not mistaken they should bolt directly to the bottom of the stock '87is valence?
    But if it fits, i could throw on some euro bumpers and call it a day.

I don't have the brackets and am also looking for alternative mounting, bump!
    Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

1/8 X 3/4 aluminum stock available at most hardware stores.
      Bend, sand and paint.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
        1/8 X 3/4 aluminum stock available at most hardware stores.
        Bend, sand and paint.
        Hope this helps.
        thank you! wouldn't happen to have the measurement handy? if not ill wing it
        Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

I have a question regarding the IS airdam, is the hole on the air dam for the ambient air temp sensor?

Comment

Working...
          X