Hints for fixing rear valence - HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hints for fixing rear valence - HELP.

I'm wanting to bent this back into some sort of shape. Thinking it was backed into a snow bank or something, and the valence is bent inward (thanks PO)

My suggestions so far have been find a 2x4 and beat it back into straight with a rubber mallet. Use some clamps and some clothes.

Anyone have some tips? I'd appreciate it.

weld on body nails, pull it out with a slide hammer.

that is the correct way to do it anyways.

2x4 and a hammer is ghetto bro, and it will strecth the metal horridly.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

ghetto? yes. Proud? no. temporary? hopefully.......

body nails / slide hammer...... the things you always see on body shop commericals??
      could I do this legit repair at my home, or would I need to take it somewhere else?

I don't really care right now enough to get the body all done - i'm just looking to make it a lil bit better.

Comment

You could take it to a body shop and for a few hundred dollars, get it fixed.

Just a thought.

Aaron
        2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

the 4x4 method will probably look fine for a temporary fix
          BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_silva
            You could take it to a body shop and for a few hundred dollars, get it fixed.

Just a thought.

Aaron
            Few hundred? :?

I'd rather spend the bling on suspension, wheels, or tires.....or Auto-X fees and DE's.

And besides, the entire rear half of my car is oxidized...... and there is a fat dent above the rear pass fender, and some other shit gone bad.

I just wanna have fun in it. Fucked up body work OWNS. Maybe just a little improvement is cool.

Comment

You are right. It all depends on what you use your car for. I would spend the money to get it fixed. But if I didnt care much about appereance and wanted to focus on autox/track, I would try it myself also. :up:

Aaron
              2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Right now, it's all about cheap fixs or mods to improve looks. Looks take the backseat to performance. Your car is hot, so you should care about the style. Not me though. I was also seeing if I should look into paint this summer, if I work real hard. But I was advised DON'T. I'll be at college and won't want to be worrying about dings, people hurting it, etc. Just more stress.

I'll try to rub it out a little and get it waxed nice, but that's about it. Take off the cracked IS spoiler and paint it black, and etc.

The rear valence was just bothering me tho, and I wanna do something....ya know. Get it bent somewhere respectable, and then recoat the sides and rear with rubberized undercoating.

Comment

Working...
                X