Most effective rear wing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most effective rear wing?

Are there any rear wings that improve the air flow off our rears? When looking at my rear window (while wet) when moving, I can see a sort of buffeting going on. Are there any rear spoilers that decrease this effect? I like the looks of the M-Tech, but would sacrifice that for a racing dynamics wing if it helped. I know I couldn't tell a difference in performance, but it'd make me feel better.

I guess i'm just wondering if any companies who created aftermarket body kits bothered with a wind tunnel...

what exactly do you mean, like airflow comes from above the car and u turns into the rear window? or airflow comes from the tailend up and around into the window?

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I was reading that the stock IS spoiler is actully very effective.
      It creates a vortex.

Or you could go with a triple decker aluminum wing off a FWD honda.....J/k
      Last edited by KangamangusDriver; 09-29-2006, 09:17 AM.

Comment

the IS spoiler reduces drag, it doesn't creat any downforce.

A spoiler sits on the trunk lid, and usually just reduces drag

A wing is raised and usually creates downforce and reduces drag
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

well... BMW claims both M-tech kits where wind-tunnel tested

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Old skool roof spoiler FTW !!!11!!

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

A few of us were thinking about trying to implement the rear roof thingy off a Mitsu EVO (with the half a dozen or so little triangles things) that would allow the air to flow down the rear window better, and onto a wing.

Comment

the best spoiler or wing for these cars has to be the evo3 with adjustable back end
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                  the best spoiler or wing for these cars has to be the evo3 with adjustable back end
                  QFT

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                    A few of us were thinking about trying to implement the rear roof thingy off a Mitsu EVO (with the half a dozen or so little triangles things) that would allow the air to flow down the rear window better, and onto a wing.
                    Vortec generators, you know that.

Comment

Working...
                    X