kidney removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kidney removal

i get get them off. the tops are declipped but i cant get the bottom ones off. any tips before i just break the damn things off and superglue them back on?
    sigpic

the bottoms are on hinges, bring the top down/forward and they should just come out easily with some wiggling.
    1991 318iS swapped w/ euro S50B32
    -Michael

Comment

Wow... if you're only talking about the actual center kidney grill then either yours is stuck or you're just crazy.

If you're also talking about the side grills too, there are philips head screws holding the bottoms on as well as clips on top.
      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

wow they did come out with a lot of pulling i guess i was tryin to be too careful since it is 20 year old plastic.
        sigpic

Comment

if you take off the top clips and you don't hold the kidney it will basically fall out
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
            if you take off the top clips and you don't hold the kidney it will basically fall out
            I'm pretty sure he's asking how to remove the chrome piece of the kidneys instead of removing the whole assembly from the car.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

fyi there only some of them have removable silver parts. You "can" remove it on all of them but you have to drill out the rivit on the top on some of them. But since there isn't anything holding them on the bottom, I assume that he is trying to remove the whole kidney from the car.

edit....are we talkin about your e30 or a e34? Cause yes the e34 has 4 clips on the bottom that you will have to get a screw driver on to pop off. that is unless you rip it off ;)
              ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

In post #4 he says that he already removed the kidney just by pulling .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Working...
                X