Best way to get Wax of rubber parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to get Wax of rubber parts?

I waxed my car today and got was on the Rubber section of my M-tech 1 rear wing when I was trying to swa the Painted part. Now it looks like crap, what is the best way to clean it up?
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Sometimes a solvent will work. Don't use anything too strong tho, it may damage the rubber.
    Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

What's the best Sovlent to use? I took a wet rag and tried to get some off it off but it only worked in a couple spots as the Spoiler just absord the wax in. The M-tech 1 rear wing is basically like a Nerf ball, I actualy cuaght a kid at the mall squezing it the other day.

Comment

I know Mother's Back to Black works on plastic trim pieces pretty well, might give that a try. I don't know how it would do on the rubber though...

Comment

Sounds crazy, but peanut butter works wonders :D Use it all the time
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

I'll give the PB a try, then maybe use some Back to black afterwords as the rubber was already a little faded.

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3
              Sounds crazy, but peanut butter works wonders :D Use it all the time
              Yes, PB works on porous trim, I used to use it on my e36 mouldings before I painted them. Next time you wax, try using white packaging tape(masking tape) to mask off the black rubber, that way you can go crazy with the wax and not worry so much about it getting all over the rubber.

Comment

Probally next Time I wax I won't wax the painted part of the wing but still I'll probally get a little wax on it. I'll just mask it.

Comment

If you use a synthetic protectant like Zaino, besides being superior to any traditional wax, it also easily wipes off plastic and rubber trim.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguru007
                    If you use a synthetic protectant like Zaino, besides being superior to any traditional wax, it also easily wipes off plastic and rubber trim.
                    Zaino is the tits...

Comment

Re: Best way to get Wax of rubber parts?

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                      I waxed my car today and got was on the Rubber section of my M-tech 1 rear wing when I was trying to swa the Painted part. Now it looks like crap, what is the best way to clean it up?
                      Wurth Rubber Care and/or Clean Solve.

Waxes without petroleum bases like P21S won't leave marks on plastic/rubber.
                      A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

you know the orang hand cleaner found in most garages? I call irt "agent orange" and it works wonders on rubber and plastics...

Comment

hum, I'll try the hand cleaner. PB didn' work to well it cleaned up a little of it but not much. The wax was petroleum, I haven't been able to find a wax I likeon the car so I've just been trying different ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X