How do I remove the grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I remove the grille

To remove the euro headlight assembly. Some jackass dented my front quarter panel when the car was parked on the street. Now the paintless dent removal guys will do the repair, but they want me to remove the grille and light assembly so they can get access to the inside of the area needing the repair.

I am about to do the work tonight, but don't have a clue, so any help with the grille and headlight assembly is appreciated. Thanks in advance to any assistance.

um, theres two screws in teh lower portion of the grill, and two metal "tabs" located at the top of the grill that hold it in place.

open your hood and you'll know what im talking about.
    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

The headlights are held in by 3 Phillips screws.. Should be pretty self explanatory.
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Thanks

Pretty simple. no problems removing those two parts. My only issue now is how to disconnect the hydraulic line that adjusts the lowbeam from inside the car from the headlight assembly. If anyone has done this, I would appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Nlando View Post
          Pretty simple. no problems removing those two parts. My only issue now is how to disconnect the hydraulic line that adjusts the lowbeam from inside the car from the headlight assembly. If anyone has done this, I would appreciate the help.
          You actually have that? the adjustable headlights were only available on euro cars so I dont know if anyone is gonna be any help :p

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
            You actually have that? the adjustable headlights were only available on euro cars so I dont know if anyone is gonna be any help :p
            Yes, I have that system, but it doesn't work. The car I am working on is a euro Mtech 2 model. I have read that most don't work now, likely age related. It would be nice to have a simple fix for this so that I could actually use it.

That line is attached to a housing that is in turn attached to the headlight assembly, but there is no simple way that I can see to separate the two.

Comment

Theres no nut on the line to the headlights? I find it very hard to believe BMW perminantly connected the line to the headlights. Pics would help alot.

Comment

Working...
              X