best wax to use on alpine white paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best wax to use on alpine white paint?

i want to wax my car but i was just wondering whats a good wax to use on white paint?

i'm not one of these guys that work for griots and have a ten-step method for detailing their cars... but I have always believed in pure carnauba wax.

Comment

pure carnuba is great for bringing out a shine. just go over it with some synthetic to help it last longer than a week or two.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Ya carnuaba is great stuff. Zymol makes a fantastic wax, but it's $$$. I'd go with 3M yellow carnauba wax for maybe Kit pure carnauba.

Comment

You won't get much out of alpineweiss. The only thing you'll get is reflections. I use Zaino.

'96 328is
          '97 m3
          '04 zhp

Comment

I only use Zaino.

Comment

zymol here
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Clay bar then carnauba, really brings the "white" out. When I clay bar'd mine there where two different colors between bar'd and not.

Comment

i like zymol
                  sigpic

Comment

+1 on the claybar for white cars

Comment

I use Griots Best of Show wax.
                      :: PNW Crew ::
                      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

The best thing for white cars is to focus on the blacks, sure wax will give you nice reflections and claybar make it smooth (not saying neglect doing this) But if you want the car to look bright and clean and shiny, make the blacks on the car as bright and clean as you can. Such as, redoing the rockers with "Chip Guard" paint from SEM, Painting the Window trim with Trim paint from SEM also. And for the bumper and door strips you can use a product from Autogylm called "Bumper Black" (which i use and works well) I believe griots also has a similar product available but i have no experience using it. Also tire cleaner with or without tire shine, depending on if you want the shiny or matt look, will also help make your car look better.

-Cam
                        Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

I use KLASSE POLISH LIQUID all in one (made in Germany) go to ebay - they cost about $ 20.00, but car is like a baby's skin!

A detailer's dream product!

Klasse All-In-One Paint Cleaner and Polish - 10 oz. - Klasse All-In-One Car Wax is an easy-to-use paint cleaner, polish and synthetic car wax (sealant) in one. A single application of Klasse All-In-One lasts for months, not weeks! Klasse All-In-One...

Comment

Originally posted by BingM3 View Post
                            (made in Germany)
                            Haha, just like my great-grandparents!
                            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post
                              The best thing for white cars is to focus on the blacks -Cam
                              I agree. My truck is white and whenever I need to clean it up but I don't have the time to do a full wash, I will just hit the bumpers, trim, and wheels with a damp cloth and then spray the tires and it has that "clean" look.

Comment

Working...
                              X