Spoiler warping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler warping?

so i bought an is spoiler a while ago and just finnaly put it on but i noticed the front edge was slightly warped. its not a huge deal but im kinda picky about my car. anyone else have this problem and know of any possible solutions?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Bump
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Which is spoiler are you referring to? A '87 325is front spoiler/airdam? A 88+ is lip spoiler? or an is decklid spoiler?

Do you have any pics of the warpage?

Have you tried heating it up with say a heatgun, clamping it straight, and then letting it cool? Maybe just leave it out in the sun while being conformed to the shape you want. Hopefully when it cools it will stay straight.

Let us know what you got and I'm sure we'll come up with some better suggestions for you

Comment

i think he means the decklid, i had one that was warped for a while i got rid of it and replaced it

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

ya its a decklid spoiler. i streightend it out a little alredy but the front edge has a part that comes up. every one i have seen on a car had some warpage so i thought it was common. i will post pics later today

Comment

acctualy i just rememberd that i dont have a camara right now so i cant post pics but i think i will try the thing with the heat gun. thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
            X