Glossy paint Vs. Flat paint for trim painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glossy paint Vs. Flat paint for trim painting

So im trying to figure out what would look the best. y car is red now, but I plan to paint it white. Now, I plant to paint the bumper itself, bumper shroud, chrome trim around the doors/windows, etc.

I plan on just scuffing them up just a tad them covering them with a primer coat then a coat of the paint itself. Not so sure that glossy would look good.

Thanks for yout opinions

Neither, and NO PRIMER.

SEM Trim Black is the ONLY paint to consider.
    Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
      Neither, and NO PRIMER.

SEM Trim Black is the ONLY paint to consider.
      okay, but why no primer?

Comment

Buy a can and read the instructions.

SEM Trim Black is formulated to adhere best to properly prepared bare metal surfaces.
        Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I used SEM trimblack on all my ex-chrome parts along with some self-etching primer (protects from the winter season) and they all look ballin.
          1989 325I(M20B25US)|KAMotors CAI|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|ST Sways|SSSquid Tune|Red46 Sump Armor|

Comment

I used duplicolor textured flat black... gives a very OEM trim look... and cheaper than SEM

Comment

I heard Dupi-color works and looks just as fine as SEM. But on the other hand, the SEM comes with a clear coat mixed in the paint. its just better quality, you get whats you pay for.
              1989 325I(M20B25US)|KAMotors CAI|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|ST Sways|SSSquid Tune|Red46 Sump Armor|

Comment

Working...
              X