removing chrome trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing chrome trim

Im not 100% on this so i just wanna make sure before i go and mess stuff up.

on my cab, the only peice of chrome that is going up, by the windsheild(show in pics) it seems like i can just pull it off but it doesnt snap on or anything. If i pulled it off would i be able to put it back on with a some type of epoxy to put it back on?
    [img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SQCz*xEUxsaxHLBTwo4ZryIOlqwLRWH26L9PrwDITGaQJIOw4 zKgNOinSaF2LE4!Eu*OkbI13g3Cuw3XzmadRC01foV0YNeNfGw 9!!93H184b2YfjgDCkQ/IM002358.JPG?dc=4675477539692374309[/img]
    [img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SQAVHhIUBsexHLBTwo4Zr6OZ9zqsNeUaVPFtzonGQC7zCkb73 kb!i53TkybDv4VE7irZrvfqT!92mddfUMqS*R2he3jxOjt8PIh t*!BrJ8QPy559zo*W7A/IM002359.JPG?dc=4675477539694337268[/img]

Im asking because i plan on doing shadowline and i plan on keep all of the peices on, but it would make life alot easier if i could get this peice off.

Thanks,
    andrew poster
    90 325is
    IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

just pull it off. it clips over the gutter. you can get new clips at the dealer if they are bad and it doesnt clip back on nicely.

Comment

do you know the part # of the clips?
      90 325is

Comment

Hey guys, relating to this issue - I've been working at getting the trim removed from the IS - I want to remove every single piece of trim, prep, then paint it.

HOWEVER - I got the top stuff off (the rain gutter) and the piece connected to the body color piece of plastic on the rear off as well. But, I CANNOT get the piece off under the window. Any suggestions here?

Also - I have pop-out rear quarter panel windows. Is it possible to remove the trim from that window, or must it be painted while attached?

Also - does ANYONE know if Jordan's "removing trim write-up" is anywhere? I found it in the wayback machine, but some of the images don't work. Anyone have the full thing?

FOund this too: http://www.r3vlimited.com/phpBB2/vie...?p=67097#67097
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

yea i found it on the way back machine also, and some pics didnt work. honestly, im just going to do it on the car seeing as i really dont understand how the peice that i am talking about, goes back on. Anyways. I plan on just taking my time to mask it off good and start early in the morning on a nice day. I guess i only have half the battle that you coupe guys have since i have not roof. Good luck shawn. I wish i could help. P.S. I have jordans write up saved as a word document, so if you ever cant find it shoot me a pm.

Later.
          90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
            yea i found it on the way back machine also, and some pics didnt work. honestly, im just going to do it on the car seeing as i really dont understand how the peice that i am talking about, goes back on. Anyways. I plan on just taking my time to mask it off good and start early in the morning on a nice day. I guess i only have half the battle that you coupe guys have since i have not roof. Good luck shawn. I wish i could help. P.S. I have jordans write up saved as a word document, so if you ever cant find it shoot me a pm.

Later.
            yea, I was mainly looking for the pictures. I'm going to tackle the interior swap first, I need to remind myself to do only one thing at a time.
            - Sean Hayes

Comment

yea i know what you mean. my plan is to do the shadowline while the bumpers are off the car getting painted.

It probably wont turn out that way tho. Things never go the way i plan lol.
              90 325is

Comment

i think the window has to come out for that piece

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

im pretty sure it doesnt, because i was looking at it the other day and it just kinda pulled off a little bit. It would be very easy to pull off. I just dont know how to get it back on.
                  90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by 318driver
                    im pretty sure it doesnt, because i was looking at it the other day and it just kinda pulled off a little bit. It would be very easy to pull off. I just dont know how to get it back on.
                    How'd you do it? I got a parts car to practice with... :)
                    - Sean Hayes

Comment

i was looking at it and it was already off a bit on the top, so i pulled a little more and it started to come up very easily. I cant just push it back on, it wont stay, that is why i was thinking of taking it off and then putting it back on with some type of adhesive.
                      90 325is

Comment

Working...
                      X