H4 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H4 question

I bought a set of H4s a while ago, and I've been meaning to ask. Since the outside (low beam) is dual filament, they have a built in high beam. My question, is there a way to adjust this h4 high beam, cause when I adjust the lows properly, the highs do nothing but point at the sky basically. if not, oh well.
    BEERTECH

I'm pretty sure that since it's a single bulb that they're aimed together even though it's dual-filament. I think that the high-beam beam filament from the 'low-beam bulb' should be aimed a lot higher than the single-filment high beam.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Re: H4 question

Originally posted by Rob
      I bought a set of H4s a while ago, and I've been meaning to ask. Since the outside (low beam) is dual filament, they have a built in high beam. My question, is there a way to adjust this h4 high beam, cause when I adjust the lows properly, the highs do nothing but point at the sky basically. if not, oh well.
      It's prolly your separate highbeams pointed upwards. The highbeam in the H4 takes advantage of filament placement. The low beam filament has a metal shield inside the bulb to create the cutoff you see, the high beam filament (in the low beam) does not have this shield, so adjusting the low beam will also adjus tthe highbeam filament i nthe low beam lens.

Got me? Whew.
      Nick

87 325 5MT
      02 IS300 5MT

Comment

no, the high beams (middle lenses) are definately adjust fine
        BEERTECH

Comment

There's no way, unless the bulbs are in some way faulty, that your high beams could be off and your low beams be properly aimed on an H4 setup. If one's aimed, the other one's aimed.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

well i guess my bulbs are faulty. could they be upside down or something? i dont know, they shouldnt be, the "H4" on the lenses is right side up
            BEERTECH

Comment

hmm, i cannot remember.

I can tell you that if you look inside the bulb, the little convex aluminum shield should face up. If you imagined the shield as a bowl or dinner plate, the bowo or dinner plate would be rightside up.

If thats confusing the shield should look like a bowl, not a dome.
              Nick

87 325 5MT
              02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Working...
              X